Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are the fae folk real?

Options
  • 21-08-2013 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭

I was reading about LOTR and the 3rd age began around 6000 bc. This was the age of elves and men, I was thinking are there or were there really elves? Perhaps they are part of a world which we haven't measured yet with science, a world of ghosts, demons, angels, wizards etc that deliberately evade empirical testing for now. For example there is this mountain (I'm too lazy to search for it, it's been a while since I read about it so details are obviously open to correction). It has treasure and anyone who has gone in search of it has never returned. The Indians have warned foolhardy adventurers not to go up there and I think they were tasked with guarding the place by aliens or some supernatural force. Also there is a hill in Iceland called Elfhill and any attempt to build a motorway or something like that, has resulted in failure. Also considering the legends about elves in Iceland and Ireland (Tuath de danann or whatever) perhaps ancient peoples were actually recording a lost history. With all the reported sightings of spooky ghosts and the like, mayhaps there is a parallel neighbouring dimension which has drifted apart from our own with the progress of time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Knob Longman

Today we call them Aliens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Knob Longman

Have you even seen the "Janus Man"..

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/5930107.jpg

Suspiciously like a Grey...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Interesting, where was that found?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Can you pm me the name of your dealer?? :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Interesting, where was that found?

Up the North I think. Possibly Antrim.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Conspiracy theories or paranormal surely.

No evidence for this at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Same could equally be said for the 'small' people. Nearly every country throughout history have recorded encounters with 'small other wordly' people. Here in Ireland they happen to be called Leprechauns.
    Is it not possible that the 'small' people are just nowadays called 'aliens'?
    Or were they always just Aliens?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

I was reading ...
    I doubt it. You were probably watching some Netflix stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Watch Ryder

Have you even seen the "Janus Man"..

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/5930107.jpg

Suspiciously like a Grey...

Could of been what some of the Fomorians of old looked like?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ShadowHuntress

I definitely think that there is something out there. There have been notices of "small people" in various cultures across the globe and where do the stories come from anyways?

And yes, that looks very much like a grey to me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

They have a big following in Iceland, quite influential in Icelandic culture too.

http://www.norsemyth.org/2012/05/elf-kerfuffle-in-iceland.html

http://www.norsemyth.org/2014/02/letters-from-elf-church.html

• Registered Users Posts: 22,234 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I definitely think that there is something out there.
    It's about time. Could somebody, anybody, please provide a definition of what the purpose of this utterly meaningless statement is, in the context of this and similar topics?

If the definition includes the phrase 'something bigger than us', then don't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ShadowHuntress

endacl wrote: »
    It's about time. Could somebody, anybody, please provide a definition of what the purpose of this utterly meaningless statement is, in the context of this and similar topics?

If the definition includes the phrase 'something bigger than us', then don't bother.

Nah, don't want to say "something bigger than us" but the logic that out of all the planets, solar systems, galaxies, etc out there, I think it is ludicrous to assume that we humans are the highest lifeforms around and I'd also wager that given the age of the Earth it is more than likely there are beings that are more "evolved"/"advanced"/etc than us who have visited before and perhaps even lived here.

That's what I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash

Nah, don't want to say "something bigger than us" but the logic that out of all the planets, solar systems, galaxies, etc out there, I think it is ludicrous to assume that we humans are the highest lifeforms around and I'd also wager that given the age of the Earth it is more than likely there are beings that are more "evolved"/"advanced"/etc than us who have visited before and perhaps even lived here.

That's what I meant.

I would go as far to say it is doubtful that anyone/thing has ever vistited us.

Let me put it this way, our planets window for anything to exist here is so small it would be like knocking on the door of a house where the owner would only ever be home 1 time in a few million years and you being lucky enough to get him on the day he is in.

We tend to look at the NOW, civialisations may have risen and fallen on other planets and no trace of them will ever be found.

I think technology will not help us as a species we are too fragile to make the trip. Unless you can perhaps remove our consiousness and memories from our bodies transfer them life software into another body (Hardware) somewhere else.

Advertisement