Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult Education

Options
  • 21-08-2013 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All, I'm wondering could anyone offer me some advice. I've been given an adult education class this year teaching fetac culinary skills. Haven't taught this module before and wondering where I could get any resources/ info on the module besides fetac website and module descriptor!!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris68

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MissRonnie

Thanks a mill Chris, had a look but unfortunately no resources that relate to the culinary skills module but the forum may be useful!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

MissRonnie wrote: »
    Hi All, I'm wondering could anyone offer me some advice. I've been given an adult education class this year teaching fetac culinary skills. Haven't taught this module before and wondering where I could get any resources/ info on the module besides fetac website and module descriptor!!Any advice would be much appreciated!

What level is it at ? Is it a new or old programme you are delivering ? I am assuming that it is a new programme. Get a copy of the programme that your centre would have submitted as the descriptor on the FETAC website isn't sufficient. The programme should be very detailed and outline the type of assessment that you should set. Generally there are very limited text books available for FE sector. You would be better off compiling your own material and developing your own assessments at the same time. Internal Verifiers and External Authenticators will want to see your assessment briefs and marking schemes etc and that the relevant learning outcomes are assessed as indicated in the programme. Your FETAC Co-ordinator should be able to advice you and arrange training in assessment writing etc.

Advertisement