Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warplanes releases on Sept 26th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm still waiting for World of Battleships; I want to have the biggest baddest cannons out there (I guess that means I'll play as a German if WoT is anything to go by).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Nody wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for World of Battleships; I want to have the biggest baddest cannons out there (I guess that means I'll play as a German if WoT is anything to go by).

Same. WoWP is a bit generic, plenty of flight games out there. At least WoWS might have that unique feel like WoT had/has.

I wouldn't discount the Yamato though!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've enjoyed the open Beta of WoWP. Without getting super serious about it, I've got to a tier 5 German fighter and Tier 4 bomber (I think I prefer the bomber play if you've got a team who'll support you).

I can see why it wouldn't be everyone's cuppa tea, but for a short burst of something not too serious and fun, it fits the bill for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

WoWs will only be worthwhile if you can use secondary armament, i.e guns, missiles, torpedos, asroc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

as we stated when it was first announced, if they implemented it into a giant mmo, warplanes fighting above, tanks fighting below, where planes could actually attack the tanks etc then would be immense. maps would need to be larger obv!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

copeyhagen wrote: »
    as we stated when it was first announced, if they implemented it into a giant mmo, warplanes fighting above, tanks fighting below, where planes could actually attack the tanks etc then would be immense. maps would need to be larger obv!!!
    Well if they give the arties anti air shells (ala the German 88s) maybe the whining about 'em would stop :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

War Thunder is going to do that, if they get the ground combat right its going to destroy both WoT and WoW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I'm pretty sure the BigWorld game engine can't handle it and WG have stated numerous times they're not unifying the games onto one battlefield.
    kingtiger wrote: »
    War Thunder is going to do that, if they get the ground combat right its going to destroy both WoT and WoW

Not sure. There's been lots of talk about WT and how it's going to cripple WG, etc.
    As far as I've heard, WT has it's own problems so it might not be pwning everything in it's path.

kingtiger wrote: »
    Planetside 2 is already doing it with 2k players on a 6x6km map with naval warfare on the way and I don't see WoT/A/B going anywhere from it as they cater to different type of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Nody wrote: »
    Planetside 2 is already doing it with 2k players on a 6x6km map with naval warfare on the way and I don't see WoT/A/B going anywhere from it as they cater to different type of players.

but planetside 2 is not WW2 based combat

and thats only one mode of the game, you will be able to play ground forces without planes or battleships, also its only 30 v 30

so imo WoT is going to be in big trouble if they get it right
    Aenaes wrote: »
    Not sure. There's been lots of talk about WT and how it's going to cripple WG, etc.
    As far as I've heard, WT has it's own problems so it might not be pwning everything in it's path.

true but as I said above, if they get it right

but it looks promising

shot%202013_05_14%2021_49_41_800.jpg

shot%202013_07_12%2005_43_18%20copy.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

and planetside 2 is rpetty **** imo.

has to be ww2 all the way..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Well looks like the game was just released and I must say it's pretty fun, much like WoT was at the start.

The release of World of Warplanes also marks the introduction of the Unified Premium Account. This means that if you purchase Premium account time in World of Warplanes, it will also be valid in World of Tanks, and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

God damn... if there's one stupid thing about living in Australia it's being in the ass end of nowhere gaming wise.... Can't play any of these games except for WoT and that has a ping of 160-250 to the Asian server. I want to play Warthunder and WoWP :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

God damn... if there's one stupid thing about living in Australia it's being in the ass end of nowhere gaming wise.... Can't play any of these games except for WoT and that has a ping of 160-250 to the Asian server. I want to play Warthunder and WoWP :(

An Australian server was publicly committed to though. Bear in mind the second EU server took nearly 18 months from first consideration to it's final appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Spear wrote: »
    An Australian server was publicly committed to though. Bear in mind the second EU server took nearly 18 months from first consideration to it's final appearance.

Really? We don't even have a WoT aussie server, I can't see why they'd do WOWp first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Really? We don't even have a WoT aussie server, I can't see why they'd do WOWp first.

I was saying that in the context of WoT. WoWP looks to be very unlikely.

Advertisement