Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My thread in Feedback was locked by Tom Dunne

Options
  • 21-08-2013 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

I started a thread in feedback earlier today and it was locked by Tom Dunne.

I raised a number of valid points in the thread, and I genuinely think there was the opportunity to get useful feedback. The thread was locked by Tom Dunne in post 3.

I've pm'ed him and his reply was that "All that will happen is the pitch-fork wielding masses will crawl out of the woodwork to have a pop at, no doubt, me, other admins and the rest of the moderators.". Can moderation of the thread not prevent this? Are Admins so afraid of getting criticism that they are willing to forgo the chance of getting feedback which can make the site a better place?

It's really coming across that some of the Admins here have an attitude where they will simply refuse to listen to criticism or admit they are wrong. Very, very bad traits for an Admin.

Could I get another Admin to look at this please? Ideally, I'd like the thread unlocked as I think this is worthy of discussion. If there is Admin abuse ... moderate and ban. If the thread is a disaster area .... then lock it. At least give the thread a chance ... it's very poor form to lock after 3 posts.

Anyway, could I get this looked at please?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from DRP as this isn't DRP related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

If this isnt DRP how do I appeal the locking of a thread?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Issues with moderation are to be taken up in the Helpdesk, hence it was moved to the Helpdesk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

Ok, so I clearly have an issue with moderation. What happens now? Or is Tom Dunne's decision final on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

ToadVine wrote: »
    Or is Tom Dunne's decision final on this?
    Yes, it is.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement