Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormal research is not science

Options
  • 21-08-2013 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭

Nice interview with Barry Fitzgerald where he makes the point that paranormal research is not science-based and also asked why people give out about ouija boards since investigators ask 'is anyone there' and record evps - which is essentially the same idea behind using an ouija board, in trying to communicate.

http://www.intothedarkradio.net/apps/podcast/podcast/316589

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

maccored wrote: »
    Nice interview with Barry Fitzgerald where he makes the point that paranormal research is not science-based and also asked why people give out about ouija boards since investigators ask 'is anyone there' and record evps - which is essentially the same idea behind using an ouija board, in trying to communicate.

http://www.intothedarkradio.net/apps/podcast/podcast/316589

Thanks for the link. I haven't listened yet.

As far as "ghostly tales" are concerned, I have always associated the use (or misuse) of Ouija boards as the basis of sinister stories/summoning up bad spirits so much more than stories based on ghostly events experienced during formalised paranormal research.

I wonder why that is? Folklore? Myth? Literature? Movies?

Is the Ouija board just a much better basis for a good aul ghost story?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I think people just dont understand the basics. People say ouija boards are bad but TV shows say 'calling out', or recording EVPs are good. Basically, they're both attempting to do the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

People also tend to forget thata ouija board is not some ancient mystical device for contacting the spirit world - what it is is a childrens toy from a bygone era.
    A ouija board can no more contact the dead than a golliwog can!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

these days Franks Boxes are all the rage. Its like listening to the radio.

Advertisement