Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gatwick to Clapham Junction?

Options
  • 21-08-2013 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,437 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

Can anyone tell me the cheapest and/or the easiest way to get from Gatwick to Clapham Junction please?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Train. Southern run the service. If you stick to a specific time you may be able to get a discount ticket. Otherwise it's about £20 return for the anytime ticket.

Check out nationalrail.co.uk for details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Pat2107

Yep platform 4 southern rail. Takes about 20 minutes. Goes from platform 4. return ticket is £23

• Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Terrontress

If you get a FCC train to East Croydon it's £4.50. Then get off and tag on with an Oyster, take the train to Clapham Junction.

That's the cheapest way by train.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

If you get a FCC train to East Croydon it's £4.50. Then get off and tag on with an Oyster, take the train to Clapham Junction.

That's the cheapest way by train.

I never knew that, pain in the arse though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

It's could be quicker too. It's definitely the quickest way to Balham yet I rarely take that route.

Must start doing so and start saving me some £.

Is there a handy enough place to tap your oyster at East Croydon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Platform 4 at LGW, Southern trains run every 15 minutes and are £20 return. Some only stop at East Croydon en route. Some stop as many as 6 times before CJ - luck of the draw.

I have done Battersea to passing security at Gatwick in 35 minutes - if you live in south London impress upon your Irish visitors that other airports will only eat into their time in London. Gatwick all the way.

Advertisement