Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCHD Brid McGrath blog

Options
  • 21-08-2013 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭

Thought i'd post this.
    Saw it linked on Politics.ie among all the doctor-bashing goodness. :P

http://www.thejournal.ie/author/dr.-brid-mcgrath/

NCHDs account of first-dose intransigence, endemic bullying, union uselessness and all the other joys of life as a shat-upon NCHD in the HSE.

Edit: Down 4 regs out of 7 in a busy dublin A/E. Jesus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Agnieszka_88

I've seen his articles before. The one about bullying is absolutely terrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Edit: Down 4 regs out of 7 in a busy dublin A/E. Jesus.

I think she works in Cork, but Beaumont was down about 50% of its regs last year, Temple Street is down regs now, Vincent's might have scraped its complement this year.

Emergency Medicine has a fair way to come in this country! I accept there are shortages everywhere but they happened in EM first.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Who in their right mind would go into emergency medicine in this country? Has to be one of the ****tiest jobs in the HSE. Bugger all resources and ten times the pressure and workload.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭masterboy123

What about Psychiatry as a way to come to Ireland?

Is it less in demand as compred to emergency medicine?
    Vorsprung wrote: »
    I think she works in Cork, but Beaumont was down about 50% of its regs last year, Temple Street is down regs now, Vincent's might have scraped its complement this year.

Emergency Medicine has a fair way to come in this country! I accept there are shortages everywhere but they happened in EM first.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Xeyn

As far as I know, Psych always fill their complement of reg's. Whether is enough SHOs or even jobs made available Im not sure. A+E's around the country are always short.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Xeyn wrote: »
    As far as I know, Psych always fill their complement of reg's.

eh, no we don't. plenty vacancies!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Xeyn

My mistake so, the guy I was chatting to must be referring to SpR jobs and not service/reg jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I was talking about SHO jobs...
    how is the current position in this area?
    Xeyn wrote: »
    My mistake so, the guy I was chatting to must be referring to SpR jobs and not service/reg jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Caledonia

I think she is amazing to write about this stuff, as she says she knows it's the truth and she'd prefer to say it rather than crawl through her career.

Advertisement