Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back To Education Allowance - Age related rates.

Options
  • 21-08-2013 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

I was hoping somebody could help me figure this out. I recently accepted an offer from UCC and applied for BTEA. As far as I can make out the weekly rate is equal to previous age-related SW payments (capped at €160).

My query is whether or not my current rate is permanent on BTEA. I'm 21 but will be 22 in December. Will my weekly rate rise in accordance with my age or will it stay at its current rate (€100)?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,044 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

My understandting from the CIB website is you get 160

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/back_to_education/back_to_education_allowance.html

A standard maximum rate of €160 per week applies to new Back to Education Allowance participants who were previously getting an age-related reduced rate of Jobseeker's Allowance. (1 January 2013)

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Genevaman

Thanks! That's a relief. The wording had me concerned. 'Maximum' had me assuming it was just a cap rather than an across the board standard rate. At least I can put that worry to bed.

Advertisement