Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opera recommendations

Options
  • 20-08-2013 9:49pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hey there,

I'm looking for some opera recommendations. :) From pottering around Youtube and listening to some Offenbach I found a few bits by Anna Netrebko and Elina Garanca, but apart from that and a few more well known tunes, I know very little.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

What era of music do you listen to? My favourite opera is The Rake's Progress by Stravinsky although it might not be for everyone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Of the classical stuff I have at the moment, there's some Bach, Beethoven, Oxford college choir tunes, Yo Yo Ma, Einaudi, Glass...probably a bit more. iTunes probably isn't the best at genre classification.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

I suggest you download Spotify
    https://www.spotify.com/
    and find some opera compilations and work through them and find stuff you like.

Advertisement