Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman Drivers

Options
  • 20-08-2013 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

This got deleted from a different forum (without telling me). Before you judge just read ALL the thread.

Just want to give my opinion. I've been doing a lot of driving round the country for work and I've been observing a lot of my fellow road users and some of the habits of women drivers lately I found shocking and down right dangerous. I can't recall how many women I've seen driving while the phone up to the ear as I've seen so many. I can recall a women driving up my ass in Galway for quite a distance constantly talking on her phone. A Garda car drove past in the opposite direction, she just lowered her hand until it drove by and then right back on the phone. She was so close to the back of my car, I could see her face in my mirror as she obviously told the person she was talking to what happened and why she stopped talking for 5 seconds and she had a laugh at it. I recall another time I was in Westmeath at a fuel station. A woman approached in her car and wanted to turn right into the station. She was on her phone... Both hands on the wheel but phone wedged between her cheek and shoulder as if her face was glued to her shoulder. She tried to turn, cut out. Tried again, cut out. At this stage she was in the middle of the road and now blocking traffic from both directions as they had to stop. Trucks behind her beeping as they could see she was on the phone. She eventually got the car into the station and pulled up to the fuel pump. During that whole time of cutting out and blocking traffic, her phone never left that position between her ear and shoulder. She got out and filled her car (still on the phone) as if nothing had happened and she had done nothing wrong. As I sometimes drive trucks and vans I can see into other peoples cars at a downward angle. I noticed a lot of women love texting while driving too as they pass me (a lot of times breaking the speed limit). Taking their eyes off the road for seconds at a time just to look at their phones. I've also seen a lot of road rage from them as well and they are quite fond of beeping the horn too. I was always lead to believe women are better drivers than men. I can't see it. None of the women drivers I'm talking about were "L" drivers, if they were I'd say ok I hope you learn fast. But these are ladies who have passed the driving test and now don't care anymore because they don't need to do it again and have a relaxed attitude towards driving for a long time. I MUST also mention that these women I'm complaining about were between the ages of 18-35.
    I don't think men can do no wrong, they can/have and will. Usually young males are the ones out at all hours of the night racing their little civics and glanzas while sitting in a position that they can barely see over the wheel and just holding the wheel with one hand on the top (the 12 position). We all know those guys. But I've seen a lot more women making mistakes lately, they are in danger of losing that "Women are better drivers" tag. As a truck driver, I was told by testers and instructors that I should be a better driver then the rest of the road users. Something which I take into account. I have always practiced what I was taught even now well after my driving test. Just the other day I pulled up my mate (male) about not using his indicator even though he was in a lane for turning right. Small things like this will eventually lead to bigger things. Like one day you just forget to use your indicator and cause an incident. Practice safe driving even long after you passed the driving test. I am a road user and very aware of what can go wrong. Driving is not something I take lightly. Everyone male and female need to practice safe driving and reduce incidents on the road. It really irritates me when I see people making stupid mistakes on the road.

I'm just looking for other opinions. I'm not bashing women or looking for a rise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Do some paragraphs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

ibtl

and

oh, my eyes! No way am I reading that wall of text

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Paragraphs full stops etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

gdawg87 wrote: »
    This got deleted from a different forum (without telling me). Before you judge just read ALL the thread.

Just want to give my opinion. I've been doing a lot of driving round the country for work and I've been observing a lot of my fellow road users and some of the habits of women drivers lately I found shocking and down right dangerous. I can't recall how many women I've seen driving while the phone up to the ear as I've seen so many. I can recall a women driving up my ass in Galway for quite a distance constantly talking on her phone. A Garda car drove past in the opposite direction, she just lowered her hand until it drove by and then right back on the phone. She was so close to the back of my car, I could see her face in my mirror as she obviously told the person she was talking to what happened and why she stopped talking for 5 seconds and she had a laugh at it. I recall another time I was in Westmeath at a fuel station. A woman approached in her car and wanted to turn right into the station. She was on her phone... Both hands on the wheel but phone wedged between her cheek and shoulder as if her face was glued to her shoulder. She tried to turn, cut out. Tried again, cut out. At this stage she was in the middle of the road and now blocking traffic from both directions as they had to stop. Trucks behind her beeping as they could see she was on the phone. She eventually got the car into the station and pulled up to the fuel pump. During that whole time of cutting out and blocking traffic, her phone never left that position between her ear and shoulder. She got out and filled her car (still on the phone) as if nothing had happened and she had done nothing wrong. As I sometimes drive trucks and vans I can see into other peoples cars at a downward angle. I noticed a lot of women love texting while driving too as they pass me (a lot of times breaking the speed limit). Taking their eyes off the road for seconds at a time just to look at their phones. I've also seen a lot of road rage from them as well and they are quite fond of beeping the horn too. I was always lead to believe women are better drivers than men. I can't see it. None of the women drivers I'm talking about were "L" drivers, if they were I'd say ok I hope you learn fast. But these are ladies who have passed the driving test and now don't care anymore because they don't need to do it again and have a relaxed attitude towards driving for a long time. I MUST also mention that these women I'm complaining about were between the ages of 18-35.
    I don't think men can do no wrong, they can/have and will. Usually young males are the ones out at all hours of the night racing their little civics and glanzas while sitting in a position that they can barely see over the wheel and just holding the wheel with one hand on the top (the 12 position). We all know those guys. But I've seen a lot more women making mistakes lately, they are in danger of losing that "Women are better drivers" tag. As a truck driver, I was told by testers and instructors that I should be a better driver then the rest of the road users. Something which I take into account. I have always practiced what I was taught even now well after my driving test. Just the other day I pulled up my mate (male) about not using his indicator even though he was in a lane for turning right. Small things like this will eventually lead to bigger things. Like one day you just forget to use your indicator and cause an incident. Practice safe driving even long after you passed the driving test. I am a road user and very aware of what can go wrong. Driving is not something I take lightly. Everyone male and female need to practice safe driving and reduce incidents on the road. It really irritates me when I see people making stupid mistakes on the road.

I'm just looking for other opinions. I'm not bashing women or looking for a rise.

Ha ha ha ha! You typed all of that! (Did not read)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

TLDR version..

people make mistakes while diving and I SAW THEM

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Anything anti-women will be frowned upon here so let me just say women drivers are amazballs and definitely better than men, I mean could a man put on make-up while driving to work? I think not. They are the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Seems like you spend a lot of your driving time looking into other drivers' cars op. Maybe you should look at the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭theSHU

It's their culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I'm just looking for other opinions. I'm not bashing women or looking for a rise

Are you not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Yes, there are poor women drivers.

However, like most road users I've had a few near misses through no fault of my own and in the majority of the cases these near misses have been caused by fellow male drivers driving like jumped up ****ing ejiets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,715 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I never knew there was a car called a Glanza. It's a Toyota apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

:eek: My eyes!!

Paragraphs, commas, full stops :D Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    Seems like you spend a lot of your driving time looking into other drivers' cars op. Maybe you should look at the road.

Can even tell what age group they fall into !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

gdawg87 wrote: »

I think I might have vertigo.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I'd be of the same opinion. Delete this thread too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

You are spot on about the phone thing. They are much worse offenders than men

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

I also spend a lot of time on the road and see all that you have described and i cant agree that this is predominately a female thing. If anything i would say its 50/50. Either we live in parallel universes or you are looking for a rise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Sure I always do my hair and go on my phone when driving.

It's not just female thing,

Us men are not all the same, did you not know.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I saw a woman once. I was driving at the time.

MadsL wrote: »
    Are you sure? You could have been walking? Or on the phone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Couldn't read that. Re-jig it and I'll give you my thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

If you look for something you'll find it op,bias confirmation or something or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Woman was driving up ur ass on the phone she lowered phone as cops drove by talked on phone again.

What u doin gawking in ur rear view mirror.at her?
    Keep ur eyes on road

all women r not that bad
    Some are I admit .
    Im a great driver thou do none of those mentioned things. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

'I am urging drivers of either sex to take caution while driving on the road, but only after a rant about how bad female drivers are.'

Right, OP. Care to throw in some male examples? Or want to admit that this is just a 'let's bash female drivers' thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

I once saw a woman's boobs

oldyouth wrote: »
    Couldn't read that. Re-jig it and I'll give you my thoughts
    I have a synopsis here for you....

"I'm a deadly driver me! I'm possibly recently qualified. Have any of ye other deadly drivers ever noticed other drivers, who aren't deadly, doing anything stupid while driving? Well, let me tell ye, I have. And its the wimminz, I tell ya. The wimmenz!!!"

OP's post is the online equivalent of *ahem* ...... 'women drivers'....

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

FearDark wrote: »
    Anything anti-women will be frowned upon here
    Oh the humanity!

I've never heard that women are better drivers than men btw. :confused:
    Surely it's 50/50.

I'd say women are worse for the phone all right though. And yeh, obviously the make-up/hair-styling, to be fair. :)

Rarely girl-racers though.

So yeh, 50/50 I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

lkionm wrote: »
    I once saw a woman's boobs

Ok. You 2 need to stop making up stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Have to agree with the OP have had numerous near misses over the years all involving women drivers - my OH had an accident a number of years ago mum on the school run pulled out in front of him having just done a U turn

That wasn't the the worst part tho not one of the three children (all under the age of 9) were restrained the car had child seats and seat belts but not one kid strapped in:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

This isn't the forum for this, regardless of where it s deleted before.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement