Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Send email alerts when a word in mentioned in a forum?

Options
  • 20-08-2013 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

hi,
    How would i be able to get email alert when a new post is created and it has a specific word in it?
    e.g. "Volkswagen" in the Motors forum?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,186 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Normally I'd send you to site development for a feature request, but given the database load required, I can't imagine this would be entertained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Spear wrote: »
    Normally I'd send you to site development for a feature request, but given the database load required, I can't imagine this would be entertained.
    no bother Spear. would be a cool new feature alright but can imagine much more power would be needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,485 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If you have a gmail address, go to http://www.google.com/alerts - use the following search string:

volkswagen site:boards.ie

Result Type: Everthing
    How Often: As it Happens
    How many: Up to you
    Deliver To: Select your email address.

That should do the trick....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

thanks Mr E

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement