Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get BIC and IBAN

Options
  • 20-08-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

I'm a student returning to college filing out payment details on a grant application form it asks for my bank identifier code(BIC) and international bank account number (IBAN) any idea where I can find these would they be on a statement or something.

I'm living in my girlfriends place at the min and my bank Tsb is miles away ( we're out in sticks) so going in to my branch and just asking isn't a option, does anyone know if they can give me that info over the phone if I ring them tomorrow.

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Casshern88 wrote: »
    I'm a student returning to college filing out payment details on a grant application form it asks for my bank identifier code(BIC) and international bank account number (IBAN) any idea where I can find these would they be on a statement or something.

I'm all living in my girlfriends place at the min and my bank Tsb is miles away ( we're out in sticks) so going in to my branch and just asking isn't a option, does anyone know if they can give me that info over the phone if I ring them tomorrow.

Any help appreciated

http://www.ibancalculator.com/

Just enter your bank account and sort code after selecting country as Ireland !! Cheers

Assuming you know your bank account number :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

I doubt they would give it over the phone. too much of a security risk. have you an old bank statement? if you know the branch code of your bank that would be the 1st 6 digets of you IBan and the account number comes next with IE before all the numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

I doubt they would give it over the phone. too much of a security risk. have you an old bank statement? if you know the branch code of your bank that would be the 1st 6 digets of you IBan and the account number comes next with IE before all the numbers

Oops just found a old statement there and low and behold BIC and IBAN are at the top, should have checked first! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

There is 2 digit 'check digit' after IE :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

This information is incorrect. Also, I'm pretty sure all the banks will give you that info over the phone as log as you're registered for telephone banking. AIB and Ptsb do anyway; I've rung both for that info. But yes, it's on your statement too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement