Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre pay Credit cards

Options
  • 20-08-2013 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Whats the best prepay credit card to top up from online banking? Obviously the cheapest to run the better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I have skrill/moneybookers. I dont recommend them. Basically, if you knew everything you needed to do it wouldnt be so bad, but I (and google them if you think its just me) keep getting surprised by a new hoop I need to jump through.

Have an entropay too, but I find them expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Can you get a visa debit of your bank?
    I haven't used my prepaid cc since aib gave me a visa debit.
    Works out cheaper and no withdrawing money from one account and topping up the cars. Or the fees some prepaid companies charge.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

snaps wrote: »
    Whats the best prepay credit card to top up from online banking? Obviously the cheapest to run the better.

Define "best"? What do you need from a card?

I have the Skrill/Moneybookers one, and once you've gone through the set up process it's pretty easy to use/run and the charges are low.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Well I'm moving abroad. Going to close my current account here to avoid all these new charges. Just wanted something to tie me over while I set up a new account abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

snaps wrote: »
    Well I'm moving abroad. Going to close my current account here to avoid all these new charges. Just wanted something to tie me over while I set up a new account abroad.

There are only a limited amount of cards available in Ireland

O2 Visa
    Swirlcard
    Skrill
    Neteller
    Wirecard (Germany based)

Each of these have their advantages/disadvantages, depending on where you use the card and how you load it.

To which country are you migrating and how do you intent to load the card?

• Advertisement
Advertisement