Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monasterevin to IT Carlow

Options
  • 20-08-2013 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend the most convenient and affordable way of travelling Monday to Friday from Monasterevin to IT Carlow on college terms?

So far I only know that the JJ Kavanagh & Sons coach would be the most convenient as it is going from Monasterevin to IT Carlow front gates on college terms for €45 a week.

Is there any other alternative? The train which goes to Carlow doesn't stop at Monasterevin but it does at Kildare, although I've no idea what the weekly/monthly ticket for that would cost. I presume it's probably twice as much as the bus?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

mac.book wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone recommend the most convenient and affordable way of travelling Monday to Friday from Monasterevin to IT Carlow on college terms?

So far I only know that the JJ Kavanagh & Sons coach would be the most convenient as it is going from Monasterevin to IT Carlow front gates on college terms for €45 a week.

Is there any other alternative? The train which goes to Carlow doesn't stop at Monasterevin but it does at Kildare, although I've no idea what the weekly/monthly ticket for that would cost. I presume it's probably twice as much as the bus?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Stick a notice up in supervalue,im sure more people from the area are going to carlow IT and would be delighted to have some one going halves on the petrol.

monasterevin to carlow is a bad route jjs would be by far the cheapest option on public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mac.book

Stick a notice up in supervalue,im sure more people from the area are going to carlow IT and would be delighted to have some one going halves on the petrol.

monasterevin to carlow is a bad route jjs would be by far the cheapest option on public transport.

Yeah that's a good idea, maybe even someone from my course will be living in Monasterevin or Kildare, thanks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

JJ Kavanagh do a bus service. Monasterevin-Kildare-Curragh-Kilcullen-Castledermott-Carlow I.T.

My brother use to get it from the Curragh.
    http://jjkavanagh.ie/timetables
    Not sure of the price but a quick email or phone call will get you sorted on that.

ken wrote: »
    JJ Kavanagh do a bus service. Monasterevin-Kildare-Curragh-Kilcullen-Castledermott-Carlow I.T.

My brother use to get it from the Curragh.
    http://jjkavanagh.ie/timetables
    Not sure of the price but a quick email or phone call will get you sorted on that.

Yeah I've emailed them and they told me that it's €45 a week and starting from 9th September on College Terms so I guess it's the best option at the moment unless I'll get some friend at IT Carlow who lives nearby with a car ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

€9 per day return is not bad really. How much would you give a friend a day to not feel like you'd be taking advantage. It's a tough one.

• Advertisement

ken wrote: »
    €9 per day return is not bad really. How much would you give a friend a day to not feel like you'd be taking advantage. It's a tough one.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, I guess the bus is the way to go. Do you know if it has wi-fi onboard? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Yeah that's what I was thinking, I guess the bus is the way to go. Do you know if it has wi-fi onboard? :D

Hey I'm living in monasterevin and regularly drive to Carlow for work.. Take the bus that road is dangerous just my opinion...

Best of luck in college too ;)

Hey I'm living in monasterevin and regularly drive to Carlow for work.. Take the bus that road is dangerous just my opinion...

Best of luck in college too ;)

Will do and thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Will do and thanks :)

Btw if I was working full time there I would offer you a lift and wouldn't expect anything for it..

Can anyone in monasterevin offer a lift out of good will if your driving there anyways.. I carpooled before and felt awkward taking money from a guy who didn't have excessive cash..

Come on Ireland lets all be nice to each other ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Can anyone in monasterevin offer a lift out of good will if your driving there anyways.. I carpooled before and felt awkward taking money from a guy who didn't have excessive cash..

Come on Ireland lets all be nice to each other ;)

The odd breakfast roll would do. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Doyler87

Would you not move down there, I want to rent a place if you would be interested? There's cheap two/three beds down there. Don't forget about the work load and all that. B far more handier.

Advertisement