Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Wildfire Touch Screen Not Responding_Retieve Contacts?

Options
  • 20-08-2013 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I have a HTC Wildfire phone. With the last few days the touch screen hadn't been responding properly and last night it stoped working altogether. So the phone power's on fine and seems alright apart from the touch screen not working.
    As the touch screen isn't working I can't unlock and use the phone. Now I've seen a page on the HTC webstie about hard restoring the phone using just the hard buttons (i.e touch screen not needed), but all my contacts are on the phones internal memory and I'd really like to try and save them before doing something drastic like restoring the phone and losing everything.

As I have no touch screen when I plug the phone into my laptop I can't set the phone to be mounted as a disk drive and thus can't access the phone's memory.

Perhaps somebody has had a similar issue? I most concerned about getting my contacts off the phone. Once I have them I'm for trying anything to fix the screen.

Many thanks.

TogCuig

Advertisement