Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union Withdrawl

Options
  • 20-08-2013 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I want to make a withdrawl from the credit union of 2500, wioll they give me a cheque or can I get cash, Is there a limit to how much and am I near it?
    Thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,394 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Every CU is different, ask them. For that size of withdrawal they will almost certainly expect some notice, assuming it's not above the preset limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Its only open 1 day on a Sat so I cant give notice. Ill have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,394 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Its only open 1 day on a Sat so I cant give notice. Ill have to wait and see.

That might be in your favour, maybe wait until late in the day next Saturday and they may have taken in enough deposits to give you what you're looking for, they'll be more than happy to get rid of the cash.

But it all depends on the nature of the CU and the member profile. For example if the CU has no ATM facility and if there's a lot of members with school going kids, there will probably be a lot of people withdrawing money next Saturday for 'back to school' spending so maybe you'd need to go early instead of late :rolleyes:

Advertisement