Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviva Health Insurance Claims - how far back?

Options
  • 20-08-2013 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I have just rounded up medical receipts from the last few years to submit them to Aviva and have just had a nasty shock reading the T&C's that state that all receipts must be submitted within 3 months of the policy ending.

My policy is due to end this week, but my receipts go back a couple of years :-(

I have now realised that this is standard policy with Aviva/VHI etc but have also heard that on occasion that the insurer will not apply this rule and accept older receipts - has anyone had this experience with Aviva specifically? And if so, how old were the receipts?

Thanks..........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

My experience is that they enforce this rule rigidly. You should still try, but don't get your hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ebowdia

Oh well, not looking good then. I'll still send in all receipts though and see what happens.

Has anyone had any joy doing this? I have heard of the odd exception with VHI but have not heard same with Aviva.......

Advertisement