Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Fun Games To Pick Up Cheap

Options
  • 20-08-2013 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend some good fun games that I could pick up cheap to ease the wait for Grand Theft Auto. I'm open to anything (preferably sports, but doesn't matter), no matter how old etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If you haven't played it before Mirror's Edge can be bought for pennies pretty much everywhere and is still a ton of fun.

The Zone of Enders HD collection is on sale on Xbox Live for 14.99 this week and they're too great games, while the underated Silent Hill Downpour is only 9.99 there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭donnbradman

If you haven't played it before Mirror's Edge can be bought for pennies pretty much everywhere and is still a ton of fun.

The Zone of Enders HD collection is on sale on Xbox Live for 14.99 this week and they're too great games, while the underated Silent Hill Downpour is only 9.99 there too.

I saw this but I don't know if its my type of game. Is it sonething along the lines if dark souls? Would there any fun sports games out there? I have NBA, Madden and Fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Bayonetta, Vanquish, Mirror's Edge, all great craic and all cheap as chips

krudler wrote: »
    Bayonetta, Vanquish, Mirror's Edge, all great craic and all cheap as chips

Maybe games lije Crazy taxi or any sport games anyone can recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I saw this but I don't know if its my type of game. Is it sonething along the lines if dark souls? Would there any fun sports games out there? I have NBA, Madden and Fifa.

Which NBA do you have? If you don't have the download of NBA Jam on Xbox Live (probably on PS2 too), I'd reckon that would be worth playing. Two on two basketball, with silly big cartoon heads. Great fun with a few mates around. I only ever got the demo, and still managed to have great fun with it.

• Advertisement

deathrider wrote: »
    Which NBA do you have? If you don't have the download of NBA Jam on Xbox Live (probably on PS2 too), I'd reckon that would be worth playing. Two on two basketball, with silly big cartoon heads. Great fun with a few mates around. I only ever got the demo, and still managed to have great fun with it.

Downloaded Nba jam and I thoroughly enjoying it. Would any of those baseball games be worth a go. Thinking of going into town and looking for mirrors edge tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 81,921 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

FTL

• Registered Users Posts: 81,921 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The Zone of Enders HD collection is on sale on Xbox Live for 14.99 this week
    !

good day to you sir

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

No, it's not at all like Dark Souls. It's sort of a parkour game with a rubbish story but it is quite fun jumping around massive skyscrapers. It's quite short and it gets a bit boring near the end but you should be able to find it for €5-10 and it's well worth it at that price.

Sounds kind of like you've covered yourself pretty well with regards to sports games. Only thing I could think of that's quite fun would be Fight Night. Other games to try would be Saints Row 2 and 3 (similar games to GTA but without all of the seriousness), Just Cause 2 (another open-world type game based on an island and where you can do insanely unrealistic stunts with a grappling hook) and Far Cry 3. Spec Ops: The Line if you're into shooters too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Lollipop chainsaw is going for €7 online and €9 in stores (gamestop) recently so could definitely be worth a look if its humour is your kind of thing. The pricepoint really helps overcome its major flaw of being an incredibly short game.

If you have a PS3, getting PS Plus for €15 would get you Saints Row 3, Uncharted 3 and Payday which are all pretty fun games that aren't too much of a time investment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement