Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

faulty zip on hoddie

Options
  • 20-08-2013 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

i received my class hoodie bout 3 months ago (retailer say 4 months), and the zip has now started to not work as in it wont close from the bottom. i have been on to the retailer KC sp*rtswear and they have been really difficult to deal with, they say that i've had it for 4 months now and its only now starting to fail, and imply that i broke it. i've hardly worn the thing as it was got for when we return to our placement in september to wear over our uniforms. i have been on to national consumer agency (NCA) and they have informed me of my rights and have told this to the company, but they say that i lied about the time frame to the nca as they feel that at 4 months its too long for me to get a replacement but are willing to have a look at it............feeling very frustrated :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Bring it to a alterations shop, its not going to cost you much- this place say it costs from €12- http://www.thezipyard.ie/services_and_Pricing

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have fixed plenty of zips in my time. There are guides online. Worst that can usually happen is that it breaks fully, and then the alterations place could fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

When they say 4 months and you have said 3 months I take it you've not got the receipt to prove otherwise or have any kind of proof of purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭elainerut

Cant believe ye are sayin to fix it myself. . . Totally not happening as its not fit for its intended purpose. . . Nca and conor pope from irish times have confirmed this. . . And under sales of goods act i.m entitled to replacement refund or repair. This was a luxury item for me as I dont have money to just throw around and for it to break so quickly is very annoying as I havent used it that often. this company gets thousands of hoodies off the college every yr and should have better customer service. . Yes there would b a receipt but would b with student union or class rep. We only received them end of may.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Conor Pope is getting on on this? Wow it must be a bigger deal then i thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

elainerut If possible, please try to avoid txtspk. Clear text makes it easier to communicate.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

If you bought it from a 3rd party (student's union/class rep), then get in touch with them and ask them to deal with the problem - they may know if other people are having problems. Without seeing it, the NCA and Conor Pope can't really say for certain. For example, if you had washed and tumble dried it too hot/too long, that can damage the zipper.

It sounds like your college bought a large batch and then sold them on to you, so your contract is with whoever you bought it from.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

These kind of kit are usually printed on the cheapest crap hoodies with plastic zips in the world - 4 months is actually a fairly normal lifespan tbh.

Varik wrote: »
    When they say 4 months and you have said 3 months I take it you've not got the receipt to prove otherwise or have any kind of proof of purchase.

they got the order in april but didnt deliver until 23rd may....really dont know where he got the 4 months from!!!!

Conor Pope is getting on on this? Wow it must be a bigger deal then i thought.

yes i contacted him as the company are very hard to deal with.....

• Advertisement

Thoie wrote: »
    If you bought it from a 3rd party (student's union/class rep), then get in touch with them and ask them to deal with the problem - they may know if other people are having problems. Without seeing it, the NCA and Conor Pope can't really say for certain. For example, if you had washed and tumble dried it too hot/too long, that can damage the zipper.

It sounds like your college bought a large batch and then sold them on to you, so your contract is with whoever you bought it from.

class rep doesnt want to know in fact she told me to go fix it myself....... :( only washed once and to care label instructions and never tumble dry. there were only 35 hoodies bought but they seem to be just crap......raging i bought one now :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 252 ✭✭viclemronny

You know what, I agree with you. A hoodie you've had since the end of May and not worn much should not have a fault with the zip.

However, if you looked online you'd have it fixed in a few minutes with little to no hassle. If you go down the consumer rights road (which you're perfectly entitled to do), you're going to put more time, cost and effort into it than it would cost to buy a new great quality hoodie.

Small Claims Court is €25 for example and you didn't buy it off them so you'll have to taking the class rep/students union to the small claims court if you want to have a leg to stand on.

Advertisement