Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KBC Customer Care is now soooo bad

Options
  • 20-08-2013 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

My monthly mortgage payment was a few weeks late and KBC sent me a snotty letter from their Arrears Support Unit. I rang up and paid with my debit card and instead of saying "Thank you, and thanks for being a valuable customer of KBC homeloans", as you would expect, what they actually said was "You have to tell us that you are prioritising your repayments to KBC or else you will be breaking your agreements". I asked him could he not just say thank you, but he said "No, I have to tell you to make sure that you are prioritising your repayments to pay us first". no matter how hard I tried he just point blank refused to say thank you. So much for customer care! I'm one of the lucky ones that isn't in any arrears and they still treat me like this, it must be absolutely horrible to be in a few months arrears with them. I was a few weeks late on a payment a few months ago as well and when I rang up to pay that the "Customer Care" woman was horrendous to me on the phone, extremely arrogant and condescending. It's just not acceptable. I have been a customer of theirs for nearly twenty years and have probably paid back about €200,000 so far, but that means nothing to them. I have to admit that I just hung up on both occasions after making the payments as the last thing I wanted to hear from my mortgage provider is a lecture about making sure I always pay them first in their horrible droning voices. I don't consider myself in arrears and getting a letter from the Arrears Support Unit gets my back up in the first place.
    Sorry for going on about it, but I needed to have my say.
    Is anybody else having the same ignorant communications from KBC?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Every few months, I get in touch with them asking about their plans to offer Negative Equity Mortgages (which they have been saying for at least 18 months now that they are "actively considering"). Every time, without fail, the e-mail or letter gets passed to the Arrears Support Unit and they contact me about my "difficulty in meeting my repayments". Every single time, I have to tell them I am not and never have been in mortgage arrears and have never been one minute late with the mortgage payment...and every single time I know it's going to happen again so I put in big bold writing that I am not in arrears....and still it happens again!

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭touts

To mis-quote GoodFellas
    Now he's got KBC as a partner. Any problems, he goes to KBC. Trouble with a bill, to KBC. Trouble with overdraft, credit card, current account, he calls KBC. But now he has to pay KBC every week no matter what. "Business bad? **** you, pay me. Oh, house a fire hazard? **** you, pay me. The place got hit by evacuation order? **** you, pay me. Husband Died? **** you, pay me!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

touts wrote: »
    To mis-quote GoodFellas
    Now he's got KBC as a partner. Any problems, he goes to KBC. Trouble with a bill, to KBC. Trouble with overdraft, credit card, current account, he calls KBC. But now he has to pay KBC every week no matter what. "Business bad? **** you, pay me. Oh, house a fire hazard? **** you, pay me. The place got hit by evacuation order? **** you, pay me. Husband Died? **** you, pay me!"

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/you-still-owe-us-17000-bank-letter-to-suicide-widow-29561358.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11 TechnoMad

I'd hate to work for KBC, morale must be so low! Imagine, having to deal with actual normal people, all day, every day. How do they do it? I just don't know.
    But one thing we do know about KBC is that being a client of theirs means absolutely nothing to them, when you ring them up it seem like you're interrupting their lunch or smoke break, or whatever.

KBC = zero customer care

Whatever happened to the "care" in Customer Care.

It seems no matter who you ring in KBC you are put straight through to the arrears section

Dreadful, dreadful, dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Munstermissy

To be honest I have never had any issues like above with KBC in the last 10 years. Maybe I just get to speak with decent folk there and am lucky. Lost my job in December 2011 and advised them accordingly. My payment protection kicked in in January 12 and mortgage was met for the year.

There was still no sign of a job in January this year and had many chats with them regarding my situation. They out me on interest only for 6 months. I finally was back working in March and rang to advise of same. No pressure from them to start repaying full amount and they said they will leave it for the full 6 months until I was back up and running and to be back on my feet financially.

Fair play to them for that as I am damn sure the BOI would not have given me the same options. Never had any issue with impolite staff and find they are a pleasure to deal with.

For every bad experience, there is the other side of the coin as well. Just wanted to give some balance to the above posts

• Advertisement
Advertisement