Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan write off

Options
  • 20-08-2013 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I was in a situation back 6 or 7 years ago where I had taking a loan out from a bank and shortly after I fell on some hard times and I couldn't repay the loan due to personal reasons.
    I was wondering will this ever be cleared off my credit rating or will it stop me opening up a new account and potentialy taking another loan in the future if needed? I'm back on my feet finnancially now and I am just hoping that what happened years ago won't be held over my head for all of the future.
    The loan in question was not fully repayed so I was just wondering do they write off the loan or are my screwed for life for getting credit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

As far as I know, its on your file for 5 years from the date they write of the loan.

Get your ICB report to see how you are fixed.

If its not off your file by 5 years you can ask for it to be removed before you ally for more credit.

Advertisement