Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comb over

Options
  • 20-08-2013 4:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

Why is it that most blokes seem to have one now a days ? Is it a jersey shore thing or some other nonsense TV show that's given them the idea or what ? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Because most blokes are going bald (without grace)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Did you not get the memo? We're all doing it!

For the craic, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

endacl wrote: »
    Did you not get the memo? We're all doing it!

For the craic, like.

I thought OP meant a comb-over on their head not arse!!

Hasmunch wrote: »
    I thought OP meant a comb-over on their head not arse!!
    Can't comb your arse over. The parting's pretty much fixed in place.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Someone on TV done it and now they seem to think it's a good look it seems..

Balding men everywhere are rejoicing that the comb over is now in fashion.
    It's going to be one of those things that people are cringing at in a few years looking back at pictures of themselves I think..I think you tend to see the same kind of person doing it, wearing chinos and a generic t shirt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Can't say I've noticed.Always thought bald was kinda a cool look though in fairness.

kneemos wrote: »
    Can't say I've noticed.Always thought bald was kinda a cool look though in fairness.
    Cool in the summer. Feckin' freezin' in the winter if you don't have a hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

If it's the 'combover fade' yer on about, it's just the very trendy haircut du jour. bit like the Hoxton fin a few years back, it has reached epidemic proportions. Pretty much every single chung fla I see has it.

Like for the fin, I think David Beckham is responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

You mean the current trend for Mad Men-style quiffs etc? Looks pretty cool, I think, although not the Gareth Bale chavvy variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Still better than the old fashioned combovers where 3 strands of hair would try and cover an acre of bald head.

Case and point

http://www.cavemancircus.com/wp-content/uploads/images/2012/november/comb_overs/comb_overs_3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Jackie Healy-Rae has been rocking that look for that years!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

there is a guy at work with a friar tuck hair style... i thought that style went out of fashion in the 1500's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Psh, comb overs... Friar haircut is where it's at!

e.g. :

Link

Awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 41,000 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Festy wrote: »
    Why is it that most blokes seem to have one now a days ? Is it a jersey shore thing or some other nonsense TV show that's given them the idea or what ? :confused:

Do they?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

reminds me of this classic ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Do they?

Yes they do.It's pretty popular atm with blokes in their 20's.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭shleedance

I shave my hair off because I can't be arsed with useless trends. Same with fashion or anything vanity-related. I'm too utilitarian for my own good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I started doing it few months ago.
    Basically ran out of ideas to do with me hair.
    If I just leave it the way it is with small bit of gel I look like a skanger.
    If I spike it I look like a oul lad going thru midlife crisis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I started doing it few months ago.
    Basically ran out of ideas to do with me hair.
    If I just leave it the way it is with small bit of gel I look like a skanger.
    If I spike it I look like a oul lad going thru midlife crisis

So you comb it over like you're going bald? Tis an interesting approach I gotta say!

• Advertisement
Advertisement