Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dav said we weren't to talk about a certain topic

Options
  • 19-08-2013 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭

It was the Sloane girl one. There's basically an investigation going on and Dav linked to it and said not to talk about it.

So, what's the reason for that? Is there a specific reason that we can't talk about investigations in general or was it specific to the Sloane girl thing because she's underage?

I'm not saying we should be able to talk about it or anything, just curious if there's a legal reason for forbidding it or if it's just common sense because she's underage and boards could get sued or something if someone posts negative things about her

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

I'd say its to do with an ongoing Garda investigation and comments made online could potentially prejudice the case.
    Also it's too much trouble for boards which is already run on a tight budget as it is. The taxi thing took up too much time with the employees aparently.

I was fairly peaved off when a certain discussion about a girl last January got shut down.
    On reflection it made sense.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's already a long standing rule that there's to be no discussion of on-going court cases, and as publicly stated by the Gardaí, it's currently a matter of investigation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement