Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accumulator Query?

Options
  • 19-08-2013 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

I placed a ten team accumulator at the weekend.

I picked 8 teams playing at the weekend, and I figured out later 2 playing the following weekend.

"Fair enough I thought, I'll just have to wait a few days to see if it comes in."

However, I then discovered those two teams were playing against each other on Sunday.

I didn't write any dates or prices on the betting slip, it just says the team names, so my question is, how does this work? Does it count as one win, one loss, or what?

Appreciate the help, as 8 of the teams won at the weekend and I'd hate to be waiting all week and know it was buggered anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

i have no idea mate visit your bookie where the bet was placed and ask him is the best thing to do

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Sounds like the last 2 should be void and 8 team winner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

You'll get a proportionally staked accum on two 9folds.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

OK, all ten matches have been played and all of the games intended to bet on have won.

Does anyone think Paddy Power will pay out on the 10 games I meant to chose?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Paddy Power

Not a hope he's a swindling aul cnut

• Advertisement

Paddy Power

Not a hope he's a swindling aul cnut

Correct. Got about €40. Still not bad for a €1 bet but a bit annoying at the same time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Correct. Got about €40. Still not bad for a €1 bet but a bit annoying at the same time :)

so did they treat it as a winning 8 fold with 2 teams voided

or two 9 folds (one a winner & one a loser) with the stake divided 50/50 ?

I can't actually work it out.

I bet €1`and got back €39.20

I've tried a few combinations of the teams and can't get €39.20 as a result.

Here are the teams and odds if anyone is bored enough to care lol:
    Tottenham 3/4
    Metalist Kharkiv 4/9
    Ajax 4/11
    Gent 4/11
    Juventus 8/13
    Lazio 5/6
    Saint-Etienne 9/20
    Velencia 4/7
    Real Sociedad 7/10
    Man Utd 10/11

It was Juventus and Lazio who were playing the following week and who were playing against each other that week. Juventus won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

I can't actually work it out.

I bet €1`and got back €39.20

I've tried a few combinations of the teams and can't get €39.20 as a result.

Here are the teams and odds if anyone is bored enough to care lol:
    Tottenham 3/4
    Metalist Kharkiv 4/9
    Ajax 4/11
    Gent 4/11
    Juventus 8/13
    Lazio 5/6
    Saint-Etienne 9/20
    Velencia 4/7
    Real Sociedad 7/10
    Man Utd 10/11

It was Juventus and Lazio who were playing the following week and who were playing against each other that week. Juventus won.

it doesn't work out at that amount either way

closest I get is a €1 8fold on them games..some price might have shortened to explain reduction (they never seem to settle with longer odds!). you could always go back and ask them out of curiosity

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    it doesn't work out at that amount either way

closest I get is a €1 8fold on them games..some price might have shortened to explain reduction (they never seem to settle with longer odds!). you could always go back and ask them out of curiosity

Yeah, I tried it a few ways but couldn't work it out either.
    By the way, the matches were from 17-18 August and the Italian matches were from 24-25 August.

Might ring tomorrow and ask them, just out of curiosity.

• Advertisement
Advertisement