Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress site - Can I use the permalink edit button to add keywords to urls??

Options
  • 19-08-2013 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hello,
    I am creating a wordpress website, it is currently pass protected and hasn't been submitted to search engines yet. (I think!!) I'm working on SEO and want to place keywords in the urls of each page.

If I use the edit button beside the permalink on the Edit Page , I can do this. And the pages seems to be working fine with the keyword change.

Is there any problem with doing this??

Is this the best way to insert keywords in urls?

Also, when I try to add a keyword like 'products' to the end of a permalink which ends china/ the forward slash dissapears and the two words are combined without a space / dash or hyphen, is this OK?

Really appreciate any help , Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

Yes you can change the url to what ever you want.
    In terms of "keywords" if your page is about blue widgets then url can/should have /blue-widgets/ in it.
    "products" is not a keyword, think,
    -What would somebody type in to Google if looking for your product or service-
    "product" is very vague, almost anything for sale could be described as a product

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Have a look at http://yoast.com/wordpress/seo/ - it will help you with some of the settings / functions in Wordpress that can improve your site's SEO.

Just be careful - keyword stuffing doesn't work in 2013 :)

Advertisement