Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pride - Galway Shtyle!

Options
  • 19-08-2013 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

have some college interviews in galway next week but since pride is on im considering heading down saturday and staying on for the craic, looks a lot smaller than dublin but still a daycent bitta banter going by the pictures on the website, so whos been and whats its like :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mackD

Been to Galway Pride for the last two years...2011 was amazing, last year not so much.
    2011 was glorious weather and everyone ended up at the Spanish Arch at the conclusion of the parade for a few cans and post-parade merriment.
    That night then I went to Dignity West (first and only time I've ever seen it jam-packed) and it was brilliant!
    2012 also had the Spanish Arch celebrations but not on the same scale as the previous year.
    Wildes' had a BBQ which was nice and as Dignity West had closed down by then, the night time celebrations were held in some boat club which was really awful.
    It felt like being at a really bad teenage disco at the local community centre.
    I would say if there is a choice this year to stay on at Wildes' for the night!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it!
    I also will be making my third trip to it and hope it will be more like 2011 this year than 2012:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

^^

I think there's something on in Monroe's on saturday which is a nice big venue. Just down the door from Wildes (now the G-bar);)

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Caiseoipe19

Full schedule here: http://www.galwaypride.com/events.html

Half thinking about heading down Saturday for a look myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mackD

^^

I think there's something on in Monroe's on saturday which is a nice big venue. Just down the door from Wildes (now the G-bar);)

I wonder is that replacing the Boat Club this year?

Advertisement