Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywood August Morning, Stylized.

Options
  • 19-08-2013 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Took these shots to determine if I'd damaged my beloved little PanLeica 25mm 1.4 when I accidentally bashed it against a table leg. Thankfully, no harm done. I was so pissed off at myself for the emptyheadedness that I put off shooting a test series for about 10 days.

I also haven't been on any landscape trips, of any kind, since about last December, due to a combination of the wife traveling, work considerations, etc.... so I've started looking for things that I don't traditionally shoot. These are all about 15 ft. from my back door, so that makes it a particularly easy start. Really miss the Sierra, but we have a big Utah fall color/Toroweap/Gold Butte trip planned in October, so I'm biding my time.

I just really miss shooting in general.

All worked through LR and NIK. Thinking about cloning out the black dots in the last one, lower frame right, but haven't decided yet.

9532708068_4652bebe77_b.jpg
    Hollywood August Morning, Stylized by tanngrisnir3, on Flickr

9538222311_0fc3256fc1_b.jpg
    Hollywood August Morning, Stylized #3 by tanngrisnir3, on Flickr

9544824619_07213ddd1b_b.jpg
    Hollywood August Morning, Stylized #2 by tanngrisnir3, on Flickr

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Second one is fantastic. Did u do much processing to get it to look like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Mjollnir

Zascar wrote: »
    Second one is fantastic. Did u do much processing to get it to look like that?

Thanks!

Not too much processing, but a LOT of time going back and forth between treatments.

Bit of clarity in LR, RAW presharpening from NIK, and a bit of push process in Silver Efex.

Couldn't have got the look, however, without that lens. Love that little thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i am in love with the first one.. the colours... the general "look" of it.. fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Mjollnir

i am in love with the first one.. the colours... the general "look" of it.. fantastic!

Thanks!

I recently become reacquainted with some children's books from my youth, and think they had some sort of lasting impression on me, as I sort of subconsciously often create a dreamscapey PP results.

My little sister saw this, devoid of any context, and asked if it were an illustration from a children's book.

To me, that is the highest form of compliment.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

First one is very artistic. Could see that printed big and hung in nice modern foyer.

B&W one is very strong - love the processing.

Probably wouldn't have paid much attention to the dirt in the 3rd one, but now that you mention it - I think I'd clone it.

That lens is beautiful too.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

I like the mono a lot. Beautiful tones.

Advertisement