Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home needed

Options
  • 19-08-2013 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

I have 2 dogs who have grown up together and have introduced another dog who`s presence is not going down too well, hes a chihuahua cross and a fab little man but hes being bullied by my two(who are both spayed and neutered) :( hes a year old so I thought with him being young they might accept him..does anyone know of a chihuahua rescue I could deal with?or a great home where he would be loved?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

how long have you got the new dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭meisha

2 weeks :( have tried everything even introduced them slowly and let him smell the dogs bed..hes miserable and hides away from them and I dont know what to do,deffo not going to the pound!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Where did you get him?

he was a stray but owners could not be found so I offered to take him as his home was never supposed to be permanent,hes been through alot and its about time he found a place to settle

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I think you should give it a little bit longer? We'll have our pup 4 weeks tomorrow. My older dog will play with her and tolerate her when he's awake but doesn't want her near him when he's resting/asleep and will tell her to get lost. How did you introduce them all? I've been making sure to give them equal attention, treating the big guy for sitting beside us or joining in when I train her etc to get him more comfortable with her. A few times he's let her cuddle up to him when he's lying down as long as I was petting him and praising him - he doesn't like anyone/anything brushing off him when he's asleep and can be a bit jumpy so we're taking it at his pace.

• Advertisement

yeah my female is VERY close to me and wont even let my other male near me let alone a new dog, do they eventually settle?its like my 2 are the school bullies and the new little dog is their target :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Meisha as you have already posted in the Rehoming thread I am closing this thread. If you would like advice other than rehoming from other posters please PM me and I will reopen it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement