Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

post lost what next

Options
  • 19-08-2013 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭

So I sent something to a friend via registered post, it was only worth ten euro but I paid the extra cash to register it what are my options?. Does registered post often go missing ?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

How long ago did you send it? Was it sent within Ireland? Has your friend checked his local sorting office to see if there? It would have been sent there if there was no one to sign for it.
    Have you checked the tracking number on An Post? What does that say?

I have never had a registered package that I sent go missing. I did have one that was sent to me go missing but that was due to the seller making an error with the address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭daddyorchips

Miaireland wrote: »
    How long ago did you send it? Was it sent within Ireland? Has your friend checked his local sorting office to see if there? It would have been sent there if there was no one to sign for it.
    Have you checked the tracking number on An Post? What does that say?

I have never had a registered package that I sent go missing. I did have one that was sent to me go missing but that was due to the seller making an error with the address.

it says nothing literally nothing it says its an invalid tracking number but it worked two days ago,its still in Ireland yes.and he did check its really nowhere to be found.i posted it a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Pop into your local post office and get them to trace it for you. The item could be on route back to you.

Advertisement