Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler pressure gauge query..

Options
  • 19-08-2013 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Hi , I hope someone can help me . I was rooting around in my hot press today and I caught my arm on a black lever , it turned a little with a hissing noise , I turned it back straight away but I eventually figured out that it increased the pressure of my heating to 2.75. It used to be around .75 bar.
    I'm wondering if there is anyway easy of reducing the pressure to what it was.
    Will the high pressure cause any damage ?
    Any replies will be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

hawkelady wrote: »
    Hi , I hope someone can help me . I was rooting around in my hot press today and I caught my arm on a black lever , it turned a little with a hissing noise , I turned it back straight away but I eventually figured out that it increased the pressure of my heating to 2.75. It used to be around .75 bar.
    I'm wondering if there is anyway easy of reducing the pressure to what it was.
    Will the high pressure cause any damage ?
    Any replies will be appreciated.

Try venting radiators. You might not have to let much air or water out to drop pressure back to MAX 1-25 bar. This would be the easyest DIY way.

If not you have to connect a hose to the heating and drain off a small amount of water. Heating not totally safe with pressure over 2 bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

scudo2 wrote: »
    Try venting radiators. You might not have to let much air or water out to drop pressure back to MAX 1-25 bar. This would be the easyest DIY way.

If not you have to connect a hose to the heating and drain off a small amount of water. Heating not totally safe with pressure over 2 bar.

By venting do you mean bleeding a radiator ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

By venting do you mean bleeding a radiator ????

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Hi again ,

I bled the rad until the needle on the pressure gauge went back to half bar. All was good for a while until I noticed the needle has crept back up to 2 bar so I bled it some more but the needle creeps back up again.
    Should it level off or is there something else I should do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Hi again ,

I bled the rad until the needle on the pressure gauge went back to half bar. All was good for a while until I noticed the needle has crept back up to 2 bar so I bled it some more but the needle creeps back up again.
    Should it level off or is there something else I should do?

In the hotpress there must be an auto filler that is letting through.Take a pic of hotpress and someone will be able to point you in the right direction

• Advertisement
Advertisement