Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring From A College To Another

Options
  • 19-08-2013 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi all , I was informed about being accepted into the computers course in ITT today and was wondering about a couple of things .

First , what do people think about the course "TA322" , has anyone done it ? any positive/negative things about it ? (any input would be really helpful)

And second , When it comes to transferring colleges , how exactly does it work , do I for instance do the computers course in ITT for a year or 2 and than transfer to DIT,UCD,etc... in general how does it exactly work ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭HungryEmperor

If anyone can answer I would love to know too.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

Transferring depends on the policy of the college you intend to transfer to.
    A major consideration is what subjects are taught in first year in both colleges and how they differ and would you be at a disadvantage in the college you intend to transfer to, and would this be an issue for them, or if you can do modules you would be missing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ndunnex

hey, so im currently in ITT myself and want to transfer to another college and I was wondering how you got on/did you transfer in the end?

if so how did you about it and if not what held you back?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 44 gezgblack70

ndunnex wrote: »
    hey, so im currently in ITT myself and want to transfer to another college and I was wondering how you got on/did you transfer in the end?

if so how did you about it and if not what held you back?
    thanks

sorry for the late reply dude :) but yeah in the end I decided to stay in the course. In my first year I made a whole lot new friends and ended up just loving my course as it was exactly was I was interested in . From what I have been told it would have been wiser to move to another college , but then again I was advised by people from other colleges eg ucd , dcu , etc. Everyone will tell you their college is better . You just got to do whats best for yourself . For me personally , ITT is great as I only live about 15 mins away .

So it all comes down to you, I stayed because I simply live close to the college and enjoy the course .

Back when I made this post I had only been accepted into the course and having heard all the BS rumours about the College being "Scumbag College" <---not my words , I was just curious about my course .

Although I didn't transfer , there was a bird in my course who transferred to DCU or DIT , one or the other , not too sure . I can ask around if you want to find out more as I know a couple of people who have transferred .

sorry for the late reply dude :) but yeah in the end I decided to stay in the course. In my first year I made a whole lot new friends and ended up just loving my course as it was exactly was I was interested in . From what I have been told it would have been wiser to move to another college , but then again I was advised by people from other colleges eg ucd , dcu , etc. Everyone will tell you their college is better . You just got to do whats best for yourself . For me personally , ITT is great as I only live about 15 mins away .

So it all comes down to you, I stayed because I simply live close to the college and enjoy the course .

Back when I made this post I had only been accepted into the course and having heard all the BS rumours about the College being "Scumbag College" <---not my words , I was just curious about my course .

Although I didn't transfer , there was a bird in my course who transferred to DCU or DIT , one or the other , not too sure . I can ask around if you want to find out more as I know a couple of people who have transferred .

Thanks for responding! Yeah I think DIT won't accept me due to lack of spaces, but there is a course in DCU that I have in mind. Yeah see it takes me an hour and half to two hours to get to ITT. DCU is about 20 mins away. Thanks for the advice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 gezgblack70

ndunnex wrote: »
    Thanks for responding! Yeah I think DIT won't accept me due to lack of spaces, but there is a course in DCU that I have in mind. Yeah see it takes me an hour and half to two hours to get to ITT. DCU is about 20 mins away. Thanks for the advice!

ah I see , yeah honestly I'd like to transfer as well if I lived that far , I actually have a mate who moved to NUI as he lives closer to NUI. Anyways , best of luck man :)

ah I see , yeah honestly I'd like to transfer as well if I lived that far , I actually have a mate who moved to NUI as he lives closer to NUI. Anyways , best of luck man :)

Grand thanks!

Advertisement