Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help. Transfer route into science

Options
  • 19-08-2013 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

What are the options for me?

My ultimate goal is to get into eaither NUIG, UCC or UCD science in order to study zoology.

I dont have to points this year and am not repeating. Im looking at other longer ways to get in.

What is the likleyhood of me getting into ucd sicence if i get 5 destinctions in the specified plc?

Would i be better off doing a level 7 science and tranfering into the level 8 or the plc?

Sorry for the long reply! Any help would be anazing!! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Ana27 wrote: »
    What are the options for me?

My ultimate goal is to get into eaither NUIG, UCC or UCD science in order to study zoology.

I dont have to points this year and am not repeating. Im looking at other longer ways to get in.

What is the likleyhood of me getting into ucd sicence if i get 5 destinctions in the specified plc?

Would i be better off doing a level 7 science and tranfering into the level 8 or the plc?

Sorry for the long reply! Any help would be anazing!! Thanks :)

You could go the Fetac route and get in through that. There are around 20 places reserved for such entrants in UCD science.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 haileyb

I did a PLC because I didn't get the points and I got into UCC and I'm in the environmental/earth/biological science course, which in second year you can choose Zoology as your degree programme and when I started first year last year there was over a 100 in the course, going into second year now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Ana27

haileyb wrote: »
    I did a PLC because I didn't get the points and I got into UCC and I'm in the environmental/earth/biological science course, which in second year you can choose Zoology as your degree programme and when I started first year last year there was over a 100 in the course, going into second year now :)

Thank you, this is great to hear, did you get 5 distinctions or did you get more to increase your chances of a place in UCC?
    How difficult did you find the plc? :)

Thank you, this is great to hear, did you get 5 distinctions or did you get more to increase your chances of a place in UCC?
    How difficult did you find the plc? :)

yeah I got 5 distinctions, it was ok the one I did was Laboratory Techniques.. was alot of science in it, have you done any science subjects?? :)

yeah I got 5 distinctions, it was ok the one I did was Laboratory Techniques.. was alot of science in it, have you done any science subjects?? :)

The one im going to interview for is laboratory techniques too. I did biology and chemistry for the leaving loved biology but wasnt too good at chemistry :)

• Advertisement

The one im going to interview for is laboratory techniques too. I did biology and chemistry for the leaving loved biology but wasnt too good at chemistry :)

well thats great, the chemistry wasnt to bad and I had never done it before.. maths was a different story though but got through it in the end. The rest of the modules were fine, I found them pretty ok :)

well thats great, the chemistry wasnt to bad and I had never done it before.. maths was a different story though but got through it in the end. The rest of the modules were fine, I found them pretty ok :)

Oh thats great to hear, the chemistry was a real worry for me :) thank you so much feel a lot calmer and happier now! :D

Oh thats great to hear, the chemistry was a real worry for me :) thank you so much feel a lot calmer and happier now! :D

aww you're welcome, good luck with interview and hopefully you get in and get your distinctions :) If you've anymore questions just ask :)

aww you're welcome, good luck with interview and hopefully you get in and get your distinctions :) If you've anymore questions just ask :)

Thanks, really appreciate it :)

Thanks, really appreciate it :)

• Advertisement

hey, just wanted to say there is quotas on the number of people that do zoology each year and the other degree outlets, but it changes on depending on demand I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

The only science places that were over subcribed this year was pharmacology.

Advertisement