Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist Clinics that accept medical card?

Options
  • 19-08-2013 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know any dentist clinics in Dublin 8 or Dublin city center that accept a medical card or that do some free dental services?
    I cannot find anything online,Thank You! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

As far as I know you can no longer get free dentist work on a medical card. Thats why nearly every dentist emigrates as soon as they finish college. I think you can only get free dental work if its an emergency. If you need a tooth removed the dental hospital in TCD are excellent and cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Dentists who accept the medical card can provide a dental examination, two fillings in each calendar year and extractions as necessary for free. Any extra work isn't free, though it may possibly be subsidised.

Source.

I'm sorry OP, I don't know any dentists in that area, but if you call a few dentists around the area you should find a few that accept the medical card.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Dentists who accept the Medical Card patients can apply to the HSE for grants for certain procedures if they are deemed necessary.. it is at the individual Dentist's discretion to do this or not.

You might get lucky..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Smiles have two branches in the CC (O'Connell Street and South Anne Street) and take medical cards without hassle. You only get that limited range of services per calendar year though.

Most dentists do take them - there isn't a lot of money in it but there's also been a huge reduction in the number of people able and willing to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

The Poly Clinic on South Circular Road have a dentist, who accepts Medical Cards...at least he did last year

• Advertisement
Advertisement