Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cao offers

Options
  • 19-08-2013 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have 405 points and nine distinctions in a level 5 nursing course. I have applied for nursing in Waterford I.T. in 2012 and 2013 to no avail. The points for this are 420 now and I was wondering what my chances are of getting a second round offer? If not is it possible to appeal directly to the college as I have experience in nursing homes and am a member of the civil defense so I have a background in first aid also. I'm really frustrated as last year when I didn't get an offer I rang the college and I was told fetac offers are basically picked out of a hat!!!
    Help please!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 CAOMAN

Some Institutions have a quota of places reserved for FETAC applicants, e.g Nursing Courses.

Such offers are based solely on your FETAC points.

These offers are issued in Round 0, early August.

There are many more applicants with full FETAC qualifications than there are places for Nursing and therefore many, even though they have the maximum points, do not receive an offer.

Many institutions allow applicants to compete based on their FETAC points against the Leaving Cert points and these offers go out in Mid August. Offers based on Leaving Cert results are also issued in this Round.

Any applicant not receiving any offer by that time, will receive a Statement of Application Record to check that we have all the correct information on file for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ashy212

Iv got offered a place in round one but am hoping for my higher preference course in round two if i accept a course in round one can i still get offered a place in round 2?? HELP!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Juicy432

ashy212 wrote: »
    Iv got offered a place in round one but am hoping for my higher preference course in round two if i accept a course in round one can i still get offered a place in round 2?? HELP!!!!!!!

If you accept an offer from round 1 you won't get another offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ainecolumbus

ashy212 wrote: »

Yes you can i read this in the cao handbook that you can always hope for higher preference offers in round 2 but no lower preference. I also recieved an offer and accepted in hoping il stil move up the line to my first option. Accept it just incase!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ainecolumbus

CAOMAN wrote: »
    Some Institutions have a quota of places reserved for FETAC applicants, e.g Nursing Courses.

Such offers are based solely on your FETAC points.

These offers are issued in Round 0, early August.

There are many more applicants with full FETAC qualifications than there are places for Nursing and therefore many, even though they have the maximum points, do not receive an offer.

Many institutions allow applicants to compete based on their FETAC points against the Leaving Cert points and these offers go out in Mid August. Offers based on Leaving Cert results are also issued in this Round.

Any applicant not receiving any offer by that time, will receive a Statement of Application Record to check that we have all the correct information on file for them.

Is it possible that i could appeal to the college itself? Im 21 now and really want dis course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Pinkey19

hi i am also in the exact same position, i have been offered intellectual disability nursing but my higher preference is general. i was also wondering if i accepted ID would i be able to transfer into general ? would appreciate any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Jonathanod

Hey there,

Nursing places in both Institutes and Universities are reserved for FETAC students, meaning that there may only be 5-10 places available per course for FETAC. These offers are offered in round zero and NOT! round one. Students of FETAC are not entered into the Pilot scheme for entry to nursing so therefore, they can not receive a place in round one or later.

Advertisement