Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good wedding photo locations?

Options
  • 19-08-2013 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering about good locations in Kilkenny for wedding photos besides the castle but within a 10 minute drive from the city?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

- Mount Juliet
    - Kells Castles (not seen it done but imagine it could be)
    - Edmund Rice's House in Callan (very nice thatched cottage setup)
    - Gardans for Bulter House

Thats all I can think of off hand, further afield would be Woodstock Gardens but thats out passed Inistioge

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Butler House. Hadn't thought of that one. Might drop in and give it a look. Also thinking of Wallslough
    Cabaal wrote: »
    - Mount Juliet
    - Kells Castles (not seen it done but imagine it could be)
    - Edmund Rice's House in Callan (very nice thatched cottage setup)
    - Gardans for Bulter House

Thats all I can think of off hand, further afield would be Woodstock Gardens but thats out passed Inistioge

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

toe_knee wrote: »
    Butler House. Hadn't thought of that one. Might drop in and give it a look. Also thinking of Wallslough

From what I remember from Bulter House they will want around 100e for photos in the gardens (they did in 2008),

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Kilfane Glen and Waterfall?

http://www.kilfane.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

From what I remember from Bulter House they will want around 100e for photos in the gardens (they did in 2008),

They still charge for use of grounds for wedding pics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭NotCarrotRidge

You can get really easy access to the river off Bleach Road, with some really beautiful countryside (open fields and mature woodland) all around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Sister has hers in the butler house gardens there bout a 2 months ago. Nice lil spot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Was in a wedding party a few years ago and a lot of the shots were taken out in Kells at the old mill. (probably the same as the castle mentioned above. I just remember there been a water race adjacent to it) Turned out nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

we did a photo shoot at the old mill in kells, it seemed to be free, forget the money grabbing society, the grounds of Canices perhaps, Ballybur Castle, the best must be the Castle, good luck anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the replies. I plan on heading out and checking out all these places this weekend and do some test shots
    hi5 wrote: »

You don't need anywhere special really,

Any open park or even street will do as can be seen from these pictures

t-rex-wedding-guest-3f3d1490-sz480x480.jpg

article-2339669-1A435C45000005DC-366_964x641.jpg

Beside a lake or river will do also, sure you could use the nore for that :)

1372913973-0.jpg

Brilliant. This actually gives me a good idea.
    You don't need anywhere special really,

Any open park or even street will do as can be seen from these pictures

t-rex-wedding-guest-3f3d1490-sz480x480.jpg

article-2339669-1A435C45000005DC-366_964x641.jpg

Beside a lake or river will do also, sure you could use the nore for that :)

1372913973-0.jpg

Advertisement