Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with starting a pay league

Options
  • 18-08-2013 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

A friend and myself have started a fantasy league for this year PL. About 20 people joined, but we could use some tips on how to run our league.

Should we go h2h or classic?

It is inevitable that people will lose interest so i suggest two leagues. League 1 ends at Christmas and L2 begins New Year. Another thought would be to create a premier division and Div 1.

Any insight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭G1032

IanOBo wrote: »
    A friend and myself have started a fantasy league for this year PL. About 20 people joined, but we could use some tips on how to run our league.

Should we go h2h or classic?
    U
    It is inevitable that people will lose interest so i suggest two leagues. League 1 ends at Christmas and L2 begins New Year. Another thought would be to create a premier division and Div 1.

Any insight?

Have a first and second overall at the end of the season.
    Have a manager of the month each month. Since you only have 20 entries I'd suggest the manager of the month prize to be half the entry fee.
    I think splitting it into a before and after Christmas is a bad idea. The MOM prize will keep people's interest up.
    I'd also suggest that if you're still afraid of people losing interest that the MOM prize can only be won by any individual once

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

Thanks, the Manager of the Month idea had never crossed my mind. Very Smart, Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭Invincible

A league I take part in has prizes for first 6,45% for winner, down to 5% for 5th & 6th. There's also manager of the month,10% of total entries x €5 entry for that,€20 for main league.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

Yeah, i suppose the more prizes there is the more interest there will be.

Advertisement