Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for a beginner to stop hitting shots fat

Options
  • 18-08-2013 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Really getting into into this sport. Started in the middle of the summer, had 1 or 2 lessons last summer and it's only really now that I'm getting into it.
    What sort of tips do you guys have for getting rid of fat shots? I think I mightn't be getting onto my left leg enough and that's causing my swing to bottom out before the ball. Do you guys have any drills in mind or tips?
    Thanks again,
    Gav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Really getting into into this sport. Started in the middle of the summer, had 1 or 2 lessons last summer and it's only really now that I'm getting into it.
    What sort of tips do you guys have for getting rid of fat shots? I think I mightn't be getting onto my left leg enough and that's causing my swing to bottom out before the ball. Do you guys have any drills in mind or tips?
    Thanks again,
    Gav

Putt a broken tee about 1 inch in front of the ball. Taking half swings with a 9-iron, concentrate on hitting the tee after the ball. Should encourage you to bottom out your swing ahead of the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Putt a broken tee about 1 inch in front of the ball. Taking half swings with a 9-iron, concentrate on hitting the tee after the ball. Should encourage you to bottom out your swing ahead of the ball.

Good idea. Just found this video which is similar to what your suggesting. Will give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,121 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

take some half swings with your feet very close together
    You are probably not shifting your weight properly

Advertisement