Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet GPS

Options
  • 18-08-2013 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Does anyone here use any pet GPS services to track their pets? If so do you recommend them and how much are they?

We lost our dog for a few hours yesterday and it gave us a bit of a traumatic wake up call.

Also I'd be interested if anyone uses a wireless based buzz collar fencing system.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I don't use the GPS collars, as if they lose their collar, then it obviously is useless, there is not the technology yet for microchips to also have GPS trackers, which would be the best thing, one day maybe.

I also do not use the electric collar fencing systems, they give the dog an electric shock, and I refuse to inflict pain on my dogs. How did you lose your dog? If he/she got out of your garden, and is a roamer, giving him/her an electric shock to stay in may not work anyway.

Advertisement