Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infestation [formerly WarZ]

Options
  • 18-08-2013 1:14pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Im well aware of terrible launch,the controversy etc but since i watch quite a bit of live streams on twitch this game seems very popular with new streamers popping up all the time and large amounts of viewers.
    Granted it seems to have quite a few hackers but i have to say im tempted to buy it.
    I love Dayz but find the community to be waaay too fragmented with so many mods of the mod.
    What im hearing is its a totally different experience now since release, anyone playing it?
    Would you recommend it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

I got it for €2.50 back when it was on sale.

Played a few hours but gave up on it after that. Servers kept dropping on me and the zombie detection is weird. Sometime they'll see you crawling from 40 meters away and other times you can be 5ft and they don't even see you. I just found it gets boring real quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Is it still alpha or whats the dealio

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It was sh!te on release. What has changed apart from the name?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Even if it is now a good game I wouldn't give my money to a bunch of shysters who were doing nothing but trying to make a quick buck off the ideas of Dayz and who turned out to be d*cks in the process. Why would you want to support a team like that by buying their product?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks guys.
    Even if it is now a good game I wouldn't give my money to a bunch of shysters who were doing nothing but trying to make a quick buck off the ideas of Dayz and who turned out to be d*cks in the process. Why would you want to support a team like that by buying their product?

I dont particularly care who makes it or if they are d*cks or not,an enjoyable game is all that matters, the world is full of d*cks.

• Advertisement

Yeah but is it still an alpha version? Or is this an ACTUAL release?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Dcully wrote: »
    Thanks guys.

I dont particularly care who makes it or if they are d*cks or not,an enjoyable game is all that matters, the world is full of d*cks.

The problem for most people was they rushed out an unfinished game to cash in on the DayZ craze and made little effort to fix it while also ignoring the complaints of the people who bought the game.

This game will never be great because they are dicks who couldn't care less about making a good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Thanks guys.

I think the main problem is that by supporting companies like this , it sends the message that ,they can screw over people and put out a badly made product and people will still support them. It just lets gaming companies know that they can do what they want and treat customers badly and people will still throw money at them.

Beyond the actual game , the main problems people had with the company was, banning people that were playing the game alot, as they knew they would rebuy the game. Having to pay, real money to spawn after getting killed and lying about a load of features that never materialised and never will. I think the backlash the game received was because of the sneaky tactics used by the developers. It was really a case of sticking two fingers up to the consumer and the gaming community. It was obvious by statements made by the guy behind the game that he though game consumers were a bunch of morons that buy any ****e. After the backlash he changed his tune, or more importantly ,after the game was pulled from steam and aload of refunds were given, he started to apologise. No room for people like that in any business.

If you do enjoy the game, then more power to you, but you're in the minority. I think most people that have played it will agree its a piece of trash.If it was an alpha and would improve, then it could be forgiven, but going on past form, this is the finished product.

Meatwad wrote: »
    I think the main problem is that by supporting companies like this , it sends the message that ,they can screw over people and put out a badly made product and people will still support them. It just lets gaming companies know that they can do what they want and treat customers badly and people will still throw money at them.

Beyond the actual game , the main problems people had with the company was, banning people that were playing the game alot, as they knew they would rebuy the game. Having to pay, real money to spawn after getting killed and lying about a load of features that never materialised and never will. I think the backlash the game received was because of the sneaky tactics used by the developers. It was really a case of sticking two fingers up to the consumer and the gaming community. It was obvious by statements made by the guy behind the game that he though game consumers were a bunch of morons that buy any ****e. After the backlash he changed his tune, or more importantly ,after the game was pulled from steam and aload of refunds were given, he started to apologise. No room for people like that in any business.

If you do enjoy the game, then more power to you, but you're in the minority. I think most people that have played it will agree its a piece of trash.If it was an alpha and would improve, then it could be forgiven, but going on past form, this is the finished product.

Fair points,fcuk em theres plenty more to play ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I think the main problem is that by supporting companies like this , it sends the message that ,they can screw over people and put out a badly made
    [...]
    played it will agree its a piece of trash.If it was an alpha and would improve, then it could be forgiven, but going on past form, this is the finished product.

Not to mention that they reported anyone who asked for a refund so the credit card companies would blacklist the customer.

The only reason people were able to get refunds was that they bought through Steam and Valve don't take no ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I found it hilarious that they changed the name. Presumably because of the bad press and the fact that even steam temporarily took the game off their sales list because it was in such a terrible state.

Scored 20 on metacritic
    I think that's probably in the same league as Big Rigs over the road racing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I found it hilarious that they changed the name.
    They had to change it. They were being sued by the company behind the Brad Pitt Movie( think its World War Z) for having a similar name, so instead of a case they wouldn't win, they changed the name. I reckon they were delighted.Probably ended up selling a few thousand extra copies to people who thought that Infestation Stories was a different game.

I grabbed it when it was like 2.50 on Steam assuming that for the price of a coffee I'd at the very least get a few hours entertainment out of it. Played for about 30 minutes before uninstalling the game. Really isn't a single thing to like and the entire game is geared toward getting the player to spend as much real money as possible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

They had to change it. They were being sued by the company behind the Brad Pitt Movie( think its World War Z) for having a similar name, so instead of a case they wouldn't win, they changed the name. I reckon they were delighted.Probably ended up selling a few thousand extra copies to people who thought that Infestation Stories was a different game.
    Yeah, that was something that caught a lot of people out in the Summer sale, they hadn't realised it was the same one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭Nollog

They wouldn't win?
    Wasn't world war z released like 78 years after they named the game the warz ?

/\/ollog wrote: »
    They wouldn't win?
    I'm not sure if sarcastic as my sarcasm detector blew up but
    World War Z was a book released in like 05 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

/\/ollog wrote: »
    They wouldn't win?

Max Brooks' book 'World War Z' was released in 2006, the name for the film was probably reserved from before production started on it too, which would have been before TWZ was even conceived.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Seriously should be avoided. I got it when it went on sale for 2.50 and it I even regret spending that. Terrible game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I say buy it.

If you not convinced of how bad it is by now, you deserve to lose them few shillings.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    I say buy it.

If you not convinced of how bad it is by now, you deserve to lose them few shillings.

nice guy

• Advertisement

nice guy

In fairness, he's right.
    The amount of people bashing and hating this game should really have guided anyone even considering it away from buying.

So I was flicking through my steam library and noticed this game again today. I'm currently download the update for it and going to give it a go. Surely it's improved over the past few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

It's not even on the top100 games being played on STEAM.
    There are the likes of Hotline Miami, Bastion etc getting play more daily plays than this game. (they have just over 1,000 each currently playing)

DayZ on the other hand has 28,000 ...peaked at 39,000

Maybe you're better off with that ;) , which you already do.

WarZ was an awful game from the start...just...just awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

SeantheMan wrote: »
    There are the likes of Hotline Miami, Bastion etc getting play more daily plays than this game. (they have just over 1,000 each currently playing)

DayZ on the other hand has 28,000 ...peaked at 39,000

Maybe you're better off with that ;) , which you already do.

WarZ was an awful game from the start...just...just awful

17e42ed116.png

But yeah, still an awful game with awful bugs and awful hacking players.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,322 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

has anyone played Nether yet?
    It's like a Dayz light with more variety of creatures

SeantheMan wrote: »

I'd fully expect Hotline and Bastion to be higher then this game! They're both brilliant + Extremely cheap.

Just about to jump on now. Been away all day so didn't get a chance. I'll report back later

There goes an hour of my life I'll never get back!
    Zombies are just too powerful - Anytime I tried to grab some loot, I was attacked by a horde of zombies and slapped to death. Crawling around to find stuff is also useless I've found. They'll still attack, and once you stand up (to hit them in the face), loads of them come after you. Textures are still very lazy looking. Jump, crouch, and prone animation is weird. servers seem very quite - Population is diluted between 100s of different servers. Sound is terrible - Never noticed that until tonight. Zombies sound like they're ontop of you, and make you stand-up only to find they're nowhere near you - Of course, standing up is just a death wish. Cool-down timer on your character is a bit stupid if you ask me, but whatever. Seems to be the same map as before. Nothing noticeable added - Everything seems the same.
    Looks like this is going to be forgotten about again - This time probably for good.

Advertisement