Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playlist for the new baba

Options
  • 18-08-2013 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭

Would like to put together a playlist of laid back tunes for the wee fella to play for him. Would love to hear some boardsies suggestions to help him chill out. Some I have already are:

Beatles - blackbird
    Fleet foxes
    Lisa hannigan
    Fink
    Nightmares on wax
    Air

Bring it boardsies!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭bluefinger

tom waits. not an obvious choice maybe, but for me his songs have a real nursery rhyme quality. especially songs from blood money and alice albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Go for a bit of trip-hop - some Portishead, Morcheeba, Massive Attack etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

I dunno is it alternative and might do your head in completely but moby s album was extremely effective in putting my three to sleep.... And me i might add.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

This is a good one from Lisa Ronstadt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dedicated_to_the_One_I_Love_(album)

Rock classics reinterpreted as lullabies. I really like Be My Baby, haven't heard the full album in a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

This is bit of a strange one and I'm in no way comparing a dog to a baby! But whenever I put on Slow Dance by The Flaws my dog used to sway to the music for a little and then drop off into sleep very quickly, very odd but it worked all the time. No joke. :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Elbow, bellx1, autamata, calexico, eels, garbage, cardigans, blur, goldfrapp and royksopp.. *phew*

(tried and tested on the young fella from two months on)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Margo Timmins has a voice made for lullabies

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

This and no more

http://www.rockabyebabymusic.com/music

My personal favourite is Nirvana.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Advertisement