Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

covexin 8

Options
  • 18-08-2013 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

just wondering I have a bottle of covexin 8 with a small amount left in in,it says on the bottle that it must be used within 8 hours,is this safe to use or do i need to open a new bottle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭grazeaway

karolmc100 wrote: »
    just wondering I have a bottle of covexin 8 with a small amount left in in,it says on the bottle that it must be used within 8 hours,is this safe to use or do i need to open a new bottle.

When was it used last? I always cover the top of the bottle with insulation tape after using it if there is any left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

I've a half a bottle of Heptevac P + in the fridge with melted candle wax over the rubber. I haven't noticed ill effects in the past. Not saying there won't be, just going on my own sheep.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭karolmc100

used it on 3rd of august didn't put anything to seal it but kept it in fridge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

karolmc100 wrote: »
    used it on 3rd of august didn't put anything to seal it but kept it in fridge

It should be fine but best to put candle wax on it in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭munkus

I wouldn't do it.

It says that on the bottle for a reason, hardly just marketing speil to get you to buy another bottle. I use the covexan 10 rather than 8 and blackleg is too much of a risk to take on a gone off bottle for the sake of a few quid. I imagine that becase air has entered the bottle it has somehow affected it and resealing it is pointless.

Only my opinion, could be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Dampintheattic

Covexin 8, when used as prescribed, from a new previously unopened bottle, seems to have a very significant, local reaction at the injection site.
    I see some really big lumps after it, despite taking great care etc, with hygiene and so on.

I'd imagine, apart from everything else, that using a previously opened bottle, would cause even worse swelling at the injection site.

Advertisement