Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Breathing Earth

Options
  • 18-08-2013 12:23am
    Site Banned Posts: 25

http://uxblog.idvsolutions.com/2013/07/a-breathing-earth.html
    Here's a view looking at one year of seasonal transformations on Earth. Made possible by the tremendous folks of the NASA Visible Earth team, I downloaded the twelve cloud-free satellite imagery mosaics of Earth ("Blue Marble Next Generation") at each month of the year. I wrapped them into some fun projections then stitched them together into a couple animated gifs...
    BreathingEarth.gif

I of course had some expectation of what I would see as a result of animating these frames. But I didn't expect to be so mesmerized by them. I can't look away.

Animated.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭emo72

that really graphically demonstrates how lucky we are to avoid the annual freeze.

Advertisement