Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on the new babyshambles album

Options
  • 17-08-2013 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

Album out next month, anyone listen to the 2 songs they've put up on youtube?

Seems like Stephen Street has ruined another album with his awful production. They did 2 demos with another producer which sounded so much better than Streets versions. Street has managed to suck all the life out of the songs, especially nothing ever comes to nothing which sounded like it had real potential in the demo. Have a listed to both versions:

Nothing ever comes to nothing:
    Album version:

demo version:

Farmers daughter:
    Album version:

demo version:

Never thought I'd say this but bring back Mick Jones, all is forgiven, or even better Paul Epworth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭bleach94

Getting to like this album more and more, still don't think it's as good as DIA or SN but a good album nonetheless. Nothing Comes To Nothing, Maybelljne and Seven Shades are the standouts for me thus far. Some interesting inclusions like Dr. No too, never heard anything quite like it from Pete/the Shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Picture me in a hospital, Fall from Grace, Maybelline and Farmers Daughter are quality tunes.

A bit lighter than their previous efforts, but that's to be expected really.

Advertisement