Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Irish Rugby have a problem with sheepskin coats?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

It's their culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

Big, big problem. Its endemic in the game.

IRFU trying their best to sort it out and it is their number one priority, even relegating dealing with performance enhancing drugs. Mix sheepskin coats, pints of Heino, pubs in Donnybrook or Ballsbridge and you have one seriously dangerous cocktail.

Legislation being planned for the next Dail session.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Burning question. The thing I hate about sheepskin coat wearing people is that they usually stink the gaff out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Always thought it was a stereotypical English soccer manager thing, never seen it associated with rugby before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Only a problem if worn in summer time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Monkey? Irish Rugby? Where is the connection?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Monkey? Irish Rugby? Where is the connection?

Monkeys eat peanuts. Rugby balls are sort of shaped like peanuts. QED.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

It's a D4 thing. Can't have the ladyboys wandering around catching their death in the cold. Sheepskin coats keep them all snug as a BOD in a rug

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Does an attempted parody have a problem with actually resembling humour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I have literally never seen or heard of it until that Aviva ad.

That whole series of ads though, they all seem like a weird, failed version of similar ones in the UK. The characters are presented as if they're archetypes we should all recognise, but nobody has any idea what they're supposed to be. Like stereotypes from a parallel dimension or something.

Advertisement