Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking my graphics card

Options
  • 17-08-2013 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭

Hi, I want to overclock my graphics card to see if it makes much difference to my gaming. I am running nvidia 330m on a sony vaio F12 series laptop, processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 7 @ 1.73GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.7GHz with Gb of RAM.

i know nothing really about over clocking, is it worth while, will it damage/wear out my laptop quicker or what tools to use to do it.

any help would be appreciated.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    i know nothing really about over clocking, is it worth while, will it damage/wear out my laptop quicker or what tools to use to do it

Overclocking a GT 330M???

Even if you crank her up to the max, you wouldn't get anywhere near the Intel HD 4000, Intel's Ivy Bridge on-chip graphics. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

ye I realise its a pretty poor graphics card which is why i was wondering would it make much of a difference to 'crank her up'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

OC'ing laptop graphics is a tricky affair and I'd rather not. But if you're willing to take that risk, the tools of trade are MSI Afterburner and some temperature monitor (GPU-Z, SpeedFan, GPU Temp). As for OC settings, google "GT 630M overclocking" and you'll find plenty discussions or have your thread moved here.

And remember: You fry it, you buy it!. ;)

Advertisement