Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPI PAY BACKS

Options
  • 16-08-2013 10:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16

I got a call from a company claiming to recover miss-sold PPI there a english company and are not regulated in Ireland,they wanted 99 euro and 25% of what ever was recovered.When i asked when it became a contract he said as soon as i said ok meaning if id have said ok that was it there was a contract and i would be liable for the 99 euro payment.i asked was there a cooling of period and he told me there was,nt so i told him i could,nt commit to that right now over the phone he kept up with the hard sale telling me i should,nt let the grass grow under my feet as the banks have only been given so much money for this PPI to be paid back and i could miss out.Has anyone got any advice on this i wont be dealing with this crowd and even though i was miss sold PPI by my bank going back to 1996 i come up against a brick wall when i try get any info about it iv been asking the bank years now about the PPI payment as it never showed on my statements then by luck one day a mortgage advisor who we met regarding arrears was going through our payments on her laptop and it showed up the PPI payment first time i got some confirmation that i was paying PPI so then i followed it up and found out that my bank had sold my PPI to another company who then sold it to another company,i recived monies back from these companys but the bank who sold me my mortgage and the PPI JUST DONT WANT TO KNOW.As i said i got paid back monies from 2 ins companys that i never done buisness with it was Irish Permanent who sold me the PPI IN 96 i made a claim for it in 2002 from Irish pernament and the bank manager at the time said i should keep paying it ever though i was unemployed and it was charged to my morgage till 2 years ago after years trying to get info of Pernament TSB ABOUT THIS PPI they would shut down and say nothing one time the bank manager got really annoyed with me for asking about it he told me to Go talk to who ever sold me the PPI.wHAT ID REALLY LIKE TO KNOW HAD tsb THE RIGHT TO HIDE THIS PAYMENT IN MY MORGTGAGE,and had they the right to sell it on to another company who than sold it to another company,those 2 companys had it between them for 8 years and i did get what they said was what was paid to them back whice wasnt much and one of the ins companys that paid back said that TSB HAD THE POLICY for the rest of the time whice would be at least 8 years to go after them for the rest of the PPI but cant get anywhere with them,this situation has caused so much upset and pain for both myself and my wife that we now have health problems whice i belive was partly related to yhe treatment we got from TSB,THE ppi is not the only issue with the bank but i just hav,nt got the energy to explain as its so complicated, i dont no if anyone can help iv had advice from Mabs was on to the Onbudsman and on to head office of TSB meny times and they have me wore down.Kind regards Terry.Any advice welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Anyone who says "Say 'okay' and you owe me a hundred quid" is not to be trusted imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Firstly, ouch, my eyes hurt.

Secondly, did i see in your post that you actually made a claim on your PPI in 2002? Sounds like it was great that you were sold it, right?

Thirdly, while PTSB may have sold the product, it does not mean that they provide the insurance itself, so the fact the company underwriting the product changed twice has no affect on your cover.

Finally, i think you mentioned something about 'hiding' the payment in your mortgage payments? There is nothing wrong in paying a single payment for your mortgage and PPI (and life cover and home insurance potentially) together, its conmen. If you look back at your annual mortgage statements
    it should breakdown the monthly cost of each product your paying for.

PS- seeing as you mentioned that you have already been refunded twice by two separate companies, what would you achieve by employing this shadowy UK claims company, did you ask them how they got your details?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I couldn't read your post, it was causing my eyes pain.

But what I can tell you is that a claims management company takes approx 20-25% of the refund offered to you.
    I wouldnt be willing to part with that much money straight up!

Each bank has been ordered by the central bank to conduct a review of PPI sales. If you were sold PPI they would have written to you and most have notices on their websites.

I personally would wait until after that review is completed and you get a letter saying how much refund you are getting. The complaints management company cant make them do the review any quicker than the Central Bank is making them do it, wait an see I say and keep 100% of that refund for yourself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 tero

First id like to say sorry about the way my post was written and thank yous for even bothering to read it,i wrote it in the dark while i was resting a sore leg plus its very hard for me to explain my situation properly.The chap who rang me said when asked where he got my number that he had a list of peoples names who had mortgages and thats all he would say.Im going to take the advice given and tell them if they phone tomorrow to get lost and wait and see if i hear anything from the Bank,iv been told that the Banks are only paying out on the last ten years of PPI CLAIMS i need to find this out as iv been paid back for 7 or 8 years of it and had it canceled 2 years ago.Thanks again for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

tero wrote: »
    I got a call from a company claiming to recover miss-sold PPI there a english company and are not regulated in Ireland,they wanted 99 euro and 25% of what ever was recovered.When i asked when it became a contract he said as soon as i said ok meaning if id have said ok that was it there was a contract and i would be liable for the 99 euro payment.i asked was there a cooling of period and he told me there was,nt so i told him i could,nt commit to that right now over the phone he kept up with the hard sale telling me i should,nt let the grass grow under my feet as the banks have only been given so much money for this PPI to be paid back and i could miss out.Has anyone got any advice on this i wont be dealing with this crowd and even though i was miss sold PPI by my bank going back to 1996 i come up against a brick wall when i try get any info about it iv been asking the bank years now about the PPI payment as it never showed on my statements then by luck one day a mortgage advisor who we met regarding arrears was going through our payments on her laptop and it showed up the PPI payment first time i got some confirmation that i was paying PPI so then i followed it up and found out that my bank had sold my PPI to another company who then sold it to another company,i recived monies back from these companys but the bank who sold me my mortgage and the PPI JUST DONT WANT TO KNOW.As i said i got paid back monies from 2 ins companys that i never done buisness with it was Irish Permanent who sold me the PPI IN 96 i made a claim for it in 2002 from Irish pernament and the bank manager at the time said i should keep paying it ever though i was unemployed and it was charged to my morgage till 2 years ago after years trying to get info of Pernament TSB ABOUT THIS PPI they would shut down and say nothing one time the bank manager got really annoyed with me for asking about it he told me to Go talk to who ever sold me the PPI.wHAT ID REALLY LIKE TO KNOW HAD tsb THE RIGHT TO HIDE THIS PAYMENT IN MY MORGTGAGE,and had they the right to sell it on to another company who than sold it to another company,those 2 companys had it between them for 8 years and i did get what they said was what was paid to them back whice wasnt much and one of the ins companys that paid back said that TSB HAD THE POLICY for the rest of the time whice would be at least 8 years to go after them for the rest of the PPI but cant get anywhere with them,this situation has caused so much upset and pain for both myself and my wife that we now have health problems whice i belive was partly related to yhe treatment we got from TSB,THE ppi is not the only issue with the bank but i just hav,nt got the energy to explain as its so complicated, i dont no if anyone can help iv had advice from Mabs was on to the Onbudsman and on to head office of TSB meny times and they have me wore down.Kind regards Terry.Any advice welcome.

Use paragraphs and more people will read your posts. That wall of text made no sense and hurts the eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 tero

I will do my very best when writing future posts.i see the problem with the post i put up and in fairness it,s a mess so next post will be easy on the eye,s with paragraphs and capitals where they should be.

Advertisement