Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cracked shires cistern

Options
  • 16-08-2013 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

I have a cistern that's cracked at the side and there is water getting out its from 2000. Are the shires cisterns a standard size and how would I know it would fit? It also has an overflow pipe, I guess because its on the 3rd floor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

If you stick up a pic I'll know the name and if its still available

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

I was told they have been discontinued and had a look in a salvage yard without luck. Would be handy to know its name.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

irishguy wrote: »
    I was told they have been discontinued and had a look in a salvage yard without luck. Would be handy to know its name.

Its a Naiad Close Couple Cistern. Biggest seller by a country mile for 20 years and still available afaik. You should pick it up in any shop (Chadwicks/Buckleys/Davies etc)

It might be a narrower version as your one is the older version but it will still fit the pan.

Dice75 wrote: »
    Its a Naiad Close Couple Cistern. Biggest seller by a country mile for 20 years and still available afaik. You should pick it up in any shop (Chadwicks/Buckleys/Davies etc)

It might be a narrower version as your one is the older version but it will still fit the pan.

Ya they are narrower now and the water pipes won't fit as its filled from the bottom. I was hoping to replace it with one the fitted exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

ill have a look in work tomorrow might have one lying around

• Advertisement

ill have a look in work tomorrow might have one lying around

Have a naiad cc cistern but no lid :)

Have a naiad cc cistern but no lid :)

I have a lid ;)

Does it fill from the bottom right by any chance?

Would be great if it did :)

irishguy wrote: »
    I have a lid ;)

Does it fill from the bottom right by any chance?

Would be great if it did :)

Looks to me like you can fill from either side?

Looks to me like you can fill from either side?

That just might work :)

Where abouts are you based?

Advertisement