Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boiler stove

Options
  • 16-08-2013 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all.im looking for some advice on a boiler stove in a 900sqft buglow with a 50 mm insulated slab on the outher walls and 100mm in the floor..my question is would a boiler stove be a good option for this small house With no more than 7 rads.Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Slow And One Sided

Hi anyanswers,

With the present cost of oil and gas, solid fuel especially wood is the way forward for heating homes. There a number of questions that need to be answered before you know if a stove fits your existing system. Do you have a sealed system or an open vented system, do you have a chimney, do you have a hot water cylinder. With a house as well insulated as yours you would need about a 16kw stove to meet your heating and hot water requirements . If your present system is compatible with a stove I think it would be worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 anyanswers

Thank you slow and one sided..

The thing is the buglow is a new build fully finished on the outside but nothing done on the inside due to planning runing out and had to be finshed outside..i have to decide which heating system to choose.there is currently no floor in the house.its a small house with 2 bedrooms ,bathroom,kitchen and sitting room..there won't be much need of much hotwater..could I get a smaller slimmer cylender than usual.. Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Slow And One Sided

You can get a hot water tank made to suit your own space. In your situation you will be starting from scratch so it will be no problem to fit a stove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I would say go for both.
    For very little extra you can fit
    A duel coil cylinder and have both heating supplies.
    In the winter we have the oil on for a quick blast on the mornings so the house is warmer when the kids are getting up.
    The stove is lit most afternoons and keeps us warm for the evening. Then for the evenings we haven't had time to light the stove we can use the oil.

Talk to a plumber.

Advertisement