Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diet for lots of cardio squash?

Options
  • 16-08-2013 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

I've started training in Trinity doing the coaching. I've found it really intense compared to normal training I've been doing, we go none stop nearly for 2 hrs.Just wondered what kind of things I could add to my diet.
    I'm finding it hard the next day to exercise. aches and pains a bit, just not fit enough yet maybe? I've only gone to 3 sessions so far so wondering will my body just get used to it, I was training for 2 hrs before but it was a lot less intense.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

I'd say it's just your body getting used to the change of intensity in your work-outs. It would take me nearly a month to get used to a new pace.

As for the diet, it's usually recommended that you eat within 60 mins of exercise and include protein and complex carbs. Avoid the classics- saturated fats, sugar etc. Drink loads of fluids, stretch afterwards and rest. Maybe if you're feeling really sore, try going for a sports massage.

Or an ice bath!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

Ice bath yuck, got burnt on hols and I couldn't even get in a cold shower.
    I find it hard to eat before training, you need to almost be hungry getting there. But then training is 2 to 2 1/2 hrs so that would be 5 or 6 hrs without food by the end.

Advertisement