Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lines across the bottom of my laptop screen

Options
  • 16-08-2013 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and when I turned it on this morning there is some lines running across the bottom of the screen. They are running right across the blue task bar at the bottom.
    I just done the usual things like scanning with anti virus just to be sure it didn't pick something up, and that came back all clear. I then done a system restore on it and that hasn't made a difference.
    Could this be the sign of the screen failing? Is it a big job to change it? I have looked at some videos of changing screens on YouTube and it seems simple enough. I just don't know if that would solve the problem.
    Any advice or tips on this would be great. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

Check also the cable that connects the screen to the mother board and gets flexed every time you open and close the case.

OK so you can't really check it but just bear in mind it might not be the screen itself. Sometimes you can see the screen get better or worse as you open or close the lid thats the sort of thing that might point to it being the cable and not the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Egan2012

Check also the cable that connects the screen to the mother board and gets flexed every time you open and close the case.

OK so you can't really check it but just bear in mind it might not be the screen itself. Sometimes you can see the screen get better or worse as you open or close the lid thats the sort of thing that might point to it being the cable and not the screen.

I took the screen out of the laptop today and gave it a blow with an air tin and connected it all back up and put it back together an it is still the same.
    It is getting worse as well. It is covering the whole tool bar at the bottom of the screen now.

Advertisement